The Student Room Group

school sucks so bad

im a 13 y/o girl, i go to this ****ed up school where i only have 1 friend and people chat **** about me all the time, its really putting me down. my mum knows how i feel about the school but she's forcing me to go. i used to live in a different city and i managed to stay close to all my friends from there, we're still best mates. i asked her if we can move back there and her response was "it's not the place for me." i understand that but its the perfect place for me, no doubt. I'm failing classes at this **** school and i need to go somewhere else and i need a fresh start with all my friends. How can i convince her to let me move??
Original post by elidfk
im a 13 y/o girl, i go to this ****ed up school where i only have 1 friend and people chat **** about me all the time, its really putting me down. my mum knows how i feel about the school but she's forcing me to go. i used to live in a different city and i managed to stay close to all my friends from there, we're still best mates. i asked her if we can move back there and her response was "it's not the place for me." i understand that but its the perfect place for me, no doubt. I'm failing classes at this **** school and i need to go somewhere else and i need a fresh start with all my friends. How can i convince her to let me move??

You are 13! You cannot decide where you live. It is sad to read this but I’d suggest that you try to make new friends in this school.

Also, try to understand why your mother does not want to move back and then try to see whether you can convince her otherwise.
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
You are 13! You cannot decide where you live. It is sad to read this but I’d suggest that you try to make new friends in this school.

Also, try to understand why your mother does not want to move back and then try to see whether you can convince her otherwise.

i can't make friends here due to anxiety, whereas in the city which isn't far from me, I'm so close to loads of people there already :frown:
Original post by elidfk
i can't make friends here due to anxiety, whereas in the city which isn't far from me, I'm so close to loads of people there already :frown:

Sorry, to sound harsh, but that is how life is going to be. You have to pick yourself up and move on. What would have happened, if your mates left your old school and you were alone? Would you follow them to their new schools?

I think you try again with the new kids. Maybe joining a social or sport activity at school or try to sit with different people. Changing school is hard, I know. Hopefully, everything works out fine for you.

Best!
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
Sorry, to sound harsh, but that is how life is going to be. You have to pick yourself up and move on. What would have happened, if your mates left your old school and you were alone? Would you follow them to their new schools?

I think you try again with the new kids. Maybe joining a social or sport activity at school or try to sit with different people. Changing school is hard, I know. Hopefully, everything works out fine for you.

Best!

mhm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending