The Student Room Group

Watching violent content online - have you seen some?

Hi everyone :wavey:

I need your help :redface:

Worryingly, violent content being shared online is becoming increasingly more difficult to regulate due to the sheer volume of material being posted every second.

I'm wondering if you have unwillingly witnessed violent content online? Via social media/ whatsapp... I'm interested to know how old you were when you came across it, how it made you feel and whether or not you knew what to do with it. Did you do anything about it?

Successful case studies will be used in an article shared with the media to raise the issue and effects it has.
Join the conversation here and if you're willing to be a case study and share you story please PM me.
The article will be highlighting the impact of violent content on young people using our latest research.

You can remain anonymous if you would like.

Thanks so much,
Hannah :heart:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have seen some very violent videos back when I made twitter in 2013. I was maybe 12/13 back then, and I came across it by randomly clicking accounts (I didn't know how to use twitter lol) and this video came up of some beheadings. I didn't know if it was real or not so I kept scrolling down, seeing more messed up things (like a woman mutilating her...yeah). I can still picture it to this day. Back then I didn't know what to do (like how to report content and stuff) so I kinda just left it at that.
so recently I had a friend on snapchat who posted a video of a man being shot several times on his skull I believe it was form another country as they were talking in another language . however it was extremely disturbing. I didn't report this as he posted a snap before saying graphic warning ahead. it was my choice to click next. however my heart ached for the man and how heartless they are on his family and alone related to him.
You ever heard of 3 guys one hammer? Yeah, back in like year 7 or 8, my mates mentioned that they watched it and almost threw up. Being curious and stupid, I asked for the link. So when I got home, I decided to watch it. Couldn't watch much, found it sickening tbf. Did my best to stay away from violent content after that.
Reply 4
whats that
Original post by JoshDarnIt
You ever heard of 3 guys one hammer? Yeah, back in like year 7 or 8, my mates mentioned that they watched it and almost threw up. Being curious and stupid, I asked for the link. So when I got home, I decided to watch it. Couldn't watch much, found it sickening tbf. Did my best to stay away from violent content after that.
Original post by TX27
whats that

Yeah you don't wanna know.

If you want the sfw version, search for Dnepropetrovsk maniacs on Wikipedia
was watching seriously gorey stuff today in school with my mates.
Reply 7
ohh okeyy

oh god i remember that. it all stemmed from 2 girls 1 cup, there was 1 guy 1 jar aswell which was grim asf. eel soup was another one, not really violent but disgsusting lmao
Original post by Gent2324
oh god i remember that. it all stemmed from 2 girls 1 cup, there was 1 guy 1 jar aswell which was grim asf. eel soup was another one, not really violent but disgsusting lmao

I saw 2 girls one cup as well unfortunately...

Heard about the other 2 but never watched them and don't plan to lol
Reply 10
how do u sleep knowing u watched that :redface:

Original post by TX27
how do u sleep knowing u watched that :redface:

Cos I can only vaguely remember bits and pieces and it's not lucid in my mind. Plus, I choose to focus on positive thoughts rather than negative so it's not something I think about.
I remember seeing the video the mass shooter filmed during the Christchurch shooting. It was absolutely horrible seeing all those innocent people have their lives snatched away by an idiotic racist. I wish New Zealand had the death penalty. That guy doesn’t deserve to live.
Reply 13
Seen loads of beheading vids and the murder one Josh mentioned. Felt sick first few times, morbid curiosity won out, I guess. Not seen any for ages. Saw the ISIS vid where they torched the blokes in a cage, too, actually. That was accidental on Twitter.

I just watched it yesterday omfdsss
Original post by hajerox123
I just watched it yesterday omfdsss

There goes your sanity...
yes but it would make him a martyr and people would make him a role model for his *bravery*
Original post by PhylaVell
I remember seeing the video the mass shooter filmed during the Christchurch shooting. It was absolutely horrible seeing all those innocent people have their lives snatched away by an idiotic racist. I wish New Zealand had the death penalty. That guy doesn’t deserve to live.
No. The worst thing I’ve seen is fatal f1 crashes. There’s one that was a bit horrible to watch.
Original post by CoolCavy
But this thread is in chat :beard:

Original post by Notoriety
She means via PM.

Yes via PM and if the story is shared in the media the case study can remain anonymous :smile:
I saw an Isis propaganda vid, with kids about 5 years old trained to kill people, i was surprised because the cinematography was surprisingly very professional.

Quick Reply

Latest