She-Ra
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone :wavey:

I need your help

Worryingly, violent content being shared online is becoming increasingly more difficult to regulate due to the sheer volume of material being posted every second.

I'm wondering if you have unwillingly witnessed violent content online? Via social media/ whatsapp... I'm interested to know how old you were when you came across it, how it made you feel and whether or not you knew what to do with it. Did you do anything about it?

Successful case studies will be used in an article shared with the media to raise the issue and effects it has.
Join the conversation here and if you're willing to be a case study and share you story please PM me.
The article will be highlighting the impact of violent content on young people using our latest research.

You can remain anonymous if you would like.

Thanks so much,
Hannah :heart:
Last edited by She-Ra; 1 week ago
CoolCavy
  • Chat Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by She-Ra)

You can remain anonymous if you would like.
But this thread is in chat :beard:
Potayytoe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have seen some very violent videos back when I made twitter in 2013. I was maybe 12/13 back then, and I came across it by randomly clicking accounts (I didn't know how to use twitter lol) and this video came up of some beheadings. I didn't know if it was real or not so I kept scrolling down, seeing more messed up things (like a woman mutilating her...yeah). I can still picture it to this day. Back then I didn't know what to do (like how to report content and stuff) so I kinda just left it at that.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I watch a lot of worldstar compilations, thought that was normal?
hajerox123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
so recently I had a friend on snapchat who posted a video of a man being shot several times on his skull I believe it was form another country as they were talking in another language . however it was extremely disturbing. I didn't report this as he posted a snap before saying graphic warning ahead. it was my choice to click next. however my heart ached for the man and how heartless they are on his family and alone related to him.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think I've ever unwillingly watched something truly horrifically violent. I do think my curiosity gets the better of me at times even today. I remember when the first wave of beheading videos were first being circulated about 20 years ago, so I must have been... 12? 13? Even though you could only make out a few pixels, it was still more than sufficient to be completely shocked and numb for a few days.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You ever heard of 3 guys one hammer? Yeah, back in like year 7 or 8, my mates mentioned that they watched it and almost threw up. Being curious and stupid, I asked for the link. So when I got home, I decided to watch it. Couldn't watch much, found it sickening tbf. Did my best to stay away from violent content after that.
TX27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
whats that
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
You ever heard of 3 guys one hammer? Yeah, back in like year 7 or 8, my mates mentioned that they watched it and almost threw up. Being curious and stupid, I asked for the link. So when I got home, I decided to watch it. Couldn't watch much, found it sickening tbf. Did my best to stay away from violent content after that.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TX27)
whats that
Yeah you don't wanna know.

If you want the sfw version, search for Dnepropetrovsk maniacs on Wikipedia
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
was watching seriously gorey stuff today in school with my mates.
TX27
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ohh okeyy

Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oh god i remember that. it all stemmed from 2 girls 1 cup, there was 1 guy 1 jar aswell which was grim asf. eel soup was another one, not really violent but disgsusting lmao
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
But this thread is in chat :beard:
She means via PM.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
oh god i remember that. it all stemmed from 2 girls 1 cup, there was 1 guy 1 jar aswell which was grim asf. eel soup was another one, not really violent but disgsusting lmao
I saw 2 girls one cup as well unfortunately...

Heard about the other 2 but never watched them and don't plan to lol
TX27
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how do u sleep knowing u watched that

JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TX27)
how do u sleep knowing u watched that
Cos I can only vaguely remember bits and pieces and it's not lucid in my mind. Plus, I choose to focus on positive thoughts rather than negative so it's not something I think about.
CoolCavy
  • Chat Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
She means via PM.
oooohhh :idea:

Well, i got the thread bumping at least
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
oooohhh :idea:

Well, i got the thread bumping at least
Only know cos any time I mention study drugs I get PMs by mods and offered the cloak of anonymity.
TX27
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
truee truee n that's good u seem lyk a chill sorta guyy
Cos I can only vaguely remember bits and pieces and it's not lucid in my mind. Plus, I choose to focus on positive thoughts rather than negative so it's not something I think about.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TX27)
truee truee n that's good u seem lyk a chill sorta guyy
Thank you :cute:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.67%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (125)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise