The Student Room Group

Got drunk then in trouble with the police

So i got very drunk and then in trouble with the police, will this affect my future?
Yea probably.
Reply 2
it'll always be on your record if you commit future offenses or get in trouble again.
Reply 3
It depend on the nature of the ‘trouble’ plus most things are removed from the record after a reasonable period of time. I have also seen that where there is a conviction on DRS checks employers can be willing to listen to an explanation and be pragmatic. I would get some decent legal advice on this though and keep your nose clean going forward
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
It depend on the nature of the ‘trouble’ plus most things are removed from the record after a reasonable period of time. I have also seen that where there is a conviction on DRS checks employers can be willing to listen to an explanation and be pragmatic. I would get some decent legal advice on this though and keep your nose clean going forward

I got into a fight basically
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I got into a fight basically

And did this result in criminal conviction or formal police caution
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
And did this result in criminal conviction or formal police caution

I've been bailed pending further enquiries
Reply 7
I've been bailed pending further enquiries

Get some legal help. Of course if you’re done for this it’s not good news. But it’s not insurmountable. I know a teacher who was convicted for stealing a lamp from from an Indian restaurant as a student. And Police Officer who got a caution for a drunken altercation with the police as a teenager
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Get some legal help. Of course if you’re done for this it’s not good news. But it’s not insurmountable. I know a teacher who was convicted for stealing a lamp from from an Indian restaurant as a student. And Police Officer who got a caution for a drunken altercation with the police as a teenager

I know I really regret what I did
I know I really regret what I did

Did they give you a caution or reprimand or something?
Was someone hurt cos of this fight? The fact that you regret it and were a bit drunk might help your case. What did the police say to you on this
Original post by Kutie Karen
The fact that you regret it and were a bit drunk might help your case

Hell no, that's seen as worse, not better as you've wilfully put yourself violently out of control, harming others... put that excuse in front of a judge and watch their face darken (whatever social services rep is preparing a pre sentencing report should have the sense to stop someone doing this)

Like if you get in your car drunk and hurt someone - being drunk is an aggravating factor, not any sort of excuse, turning round and punching a stranger isn't that much different....

(edit - oh yeah that and blaming the booze gets you looked as a drunk yob by many, and eliminates any hope of them seeing the conflict in other lights such as provocation or self defence, it's v easy to dismiss drunk yobs as scum)
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending