The Student Room Group

Fake grades (international)

Hi,

I have a question: How would a university find out the legitimacy of grades one has uploaded, considering you, as an international, are the one providing them - they don't get sent to UCAS automatically?

Please, no questions unless you are sure.

Thanks
They can't.
Many international students have got places based on lies and fake documents.
Then struggled to cope with the academic demands of uni, resulting in them failing their exams or dropping out.
After having wasted a lot of their money and everyone's time.
Original post by QuestiooonMan
Hi,

I have a question: How would a university find out the legitimacy of grades one has uploaded, considering you, as an international, are the one providing them - they don't get sent to UCAS automatically?

Thanks

Unis will often ask to see the original certificates on enrollment. Most unis will have seen international applicants from all over the world and will be able to spot something that's obviously dodgy. This would result in you losing your place at the start of your course (or before, if they ask you to send over proof). This would leave you liable for accommodation costs, and so could be a very expensive mistake.

It's possible a uni wouldn't spot very good quality fakes. However, if you don't cope with the course in Year 1, you would be asked to retake or leave- which would mean a year of wasted fees and money!
Original post by QuestiooonMan
Hi,

Thanks

Universities ask for certificates for qualifications not verified by ucas.

Which qualification did you plan to counterfeit?
That’s not the question you should be asking.
They er, don’t just take your word for grades that you’ve provided.

It’s always funny to withdraw someone’s offer for application fraud though. I’ve also seen UCAS remove someone from the entire application cycle for misrepresenting their grades.

So yeah, maybe don’t do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending