The Student Room Group

Nqt....

Had anyone gone through a phase where they feel like they just want to give up, I’m doing my nqt year but have previously done an early years teacher training course, so only had 3 weeks experience in a reception class and am now full time teaching as a Reception teacher after working as a ta before working in a nursery for two years before-hand and just feel so overwhelmed 😞 please say I’m not the only one....
Original post by S93teach
Had anyone gone through a phase where they feel like they just want to give up?

Definitely. I'm not in the same position as you. But I wanted to say that your nursery expedience doesn't count for nothing! If you are worried about the children, you already know how to interact with them. If you are worried about being in charge, maybe contact the head that you will be working with and raise your concerns and try and meet up with other teachers, teaching reception. Have a coffee with them talk about the classroom. Most of your new team will want you to succeed I'm sure.
Reply 2
Thank you, I have been a Reception teacher now for 3 terms and people are amazing support it’s just been a real rollercoaster!
Original post by S93teach
Had anyone gone through a phase where they feel like they just want to give up, I’m doing my nqt year but have previously done an early years teacher training course, so only had 3 weeks experience in a reception class and am now full time teaching as a Reception teacher after working as a ta before working in a nursery for two years before-hand and just feel so overwhelmed 😞 please say I’m not the only one....

Only just about everyone :smile:
Reply 4
Good to hear it’s not just me haha 😂
I think this is a really common way to feel- look at the number of teacher who leave during the first year- and how few stay in for 5 years.

You're so close to getting through the NQT year, that if you possibly can I think it makes sense to stay on and finish. You've then got the summer holidays to think through your options and make a decision about the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending