The Student Room Group

Am I being stupid

I feel as though I’m being really stupid and overreacting but I dunno so basically it’s my birthday tomorrow and my boyfriend is taking me out, however it’s at 7 and he normally has to leave by 10 and I only see him once a week at most if I’m lucky. I’m just annoyed because it is my birthday and I wanted to spend some time with him but to me three hours is hardly anything and baring in mind I had to suggest he takes me out for my birthday I’m just kinda pissed off that he doesn’t see it as being a big deal. I feel like I don’t really have a right to be annoyed because yh he is still taking me out but I feel stupid that I had to ask for it and that I’m not spending very long with him especially considering it’s my birthday and I’ll be spending most the day alone.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel as though I’m being really stupid and overreacting but I dunno so basically it’s my birthday tomorrow and my boyfriend is taking me out, however it’s at 7 and he normally has to leave by 10 and I only see him once a week at most if I’m lucky. I’m just annoyed because it is my birthday and I wanted to spend some time with him but to me three hours is hardly anything and baring in mind I had to suggest he takes me out for my birthday I’m just kinda pissed off that he doesn’t see it as being a big deal. I feel like I don’t really have a right to be annoyed because yh he is still taking me out but I feel stupid that I had to ask for it and that I’m not spending very long with him especially considering it’s my birthday and I’ll be spending most the day alone.

I dont know about the rest of your relationship and how often you see him, ages, how long you have been going out?

If it means that much and he has good reason it will be 7-10, then just delay it till another day when he can spend more time with you. Not seeing why you would waste energy upsetting yourself. Make a solution or agree a compromise that works for you better.
Birthday is just a day, sometimes people cant make it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending