The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science at University of Northampton

Hi guys,
I am an international student applying for biomedical science and I just found out that University of Northampton is giving 30% on fees as merit scholarship. Also they are giving HP laptops to everyone for Human Biosciences (maybe for other courses too). What I don't get is, is the university trying to attract students because they are having a bad time? The biomedical science course is subject to validation and no course modules are on the website. Does that mean it is being taught for the first time at the university? Will we be the first batch?
Reply 1
If you search this on the student room it was discussed last year and apparently is not IBSM accredited.
Original post by notmebutme
Hi guys,
I am an international student applying for biomedical science and I just found out that University of Northampton is giving 30% on fees as merit scholarship. Also they are giving HP laptops to everyone for Human Biosciences (maybe for other courses too). What I don't get is, is the university trying to attract students because they are having a bad time? The biomedical science course is subject to validation and no course modules are on the website. Does that mean it is being taught for the first time at the university? Will we be the first batch?
Reply 2
Okay. Thanks for telling. I applied to University of Westminster for the same course and they have made a conditional offer but I don't meet one of the conditions. I have 67% in Biology and they need a 70%. Should I still accept?
Original post by Scotney
If you search this on the student room it was discussed last year and apparently is not IBSM accredited.
Reply 3
Do you wish to work in NHS afterwards,? If not accreditation not so important. You could contact Westminster and see if they would lower offer. Oxford Brookes has good Biomed course.
Reply 4
Yeah I do wanna work in the NHS. Thanks for the advice again. I will try contacting them through email. Should I call as well?

Original post by Scotney
Do you wish to work in NHS afterwards,? If not accreditation not so important. You could contact Westminster and see if they would lower offer. Oxford Brookes has good Biomed course.
Reply 5
Yes might be quicker.

Yeah I do wanna work in the NHS. Thanks for the advice again. I will try contacting them through email. Should I call as well?
If you want to work in the NHS as a Biomedical Scientist then the BSc Healthcare Science (Life Science) courses, albeit not as common, are far faster and less riskier. You will have a guaranteed placement which no other course offers and you will graduate after only 3 years with HCPC registration.
Reply 7
How is Biomedical Science degree risky in terms of placement with NHS?
Original post by RegisteredBMS
If you want to work in the NHS as a Biomedical Scientist then the BSc Healthcare Science (Life Science) courses, albeit not as common, are far faster and less riskier. You will have a guaranteed placement which no other course offers and you will graduate after only 3 years with HCPC registration.
Because the few that do offer a NHS placement require you to compete and apply for the placement, it's not guaranteed.
How is Biomedical Science degree risky in terms of placement with NHS?
Reply 9
oh okay. Thanks.
Original post by RegisteredBMS
Because the few that do offer a NHS placement require you to compete and apply for the placement, it's not guaranteed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending