The Student Room Group

Getting my art noticed

Hiya was wondering if anyone knew how to get my art noticed or how to start taking commissions as I’d like to make money doing something I enjoy? Any advice would be helpful :smile:
My art page is megmcart on Instagram
Reply 1
Original post by Megmc
Hiya was wondering if anyone knew how to get my art noticed or how to start taking commissions as I’d like to make money doing something I enjoy? Any advice would be helpful :smile:

i’m the exact same, i’ve put some of my work in exhibitions and galleries and people did buy some of them , but i haven’t really gotten that much money for them
pretty art, btw
Reply 3
Original post by sophia.chlo
i’m the exact same, i’ve put some of my work in exhibitions and galleries and people did buy some of them , but i haven’t really gotten that much money for them

Aw thank you :smile: and I haven’t even had the opportunity to get anything into galleries etc. I’m an A levels textiles student so making garments is really my priority however I would like to make a little bit of money on the side and/or get recognised for my work x
"Why doesn't my mannequin have tits?"
Reply 5
Original post by Bill Nye
"Why doesn't my mannequin have tits?"

Inspirational really
My page isn't like thaaat big but I get a fair few commisions a month - if you like I can share you and some of my followers might be interested? My page is 'moonstoneseekeratxx' : ) xx
I'm not quite sure how helpful this will be, but have you considered posting your art on DeviantArt? I've had a few friends say they've been noticed and asked for commissions on there. It might be worth a try.
your art is really cool! try to build up a portfolio kinda thing and post more on your instagram. u could maybe even make a website to showcase ur art? i'm not too sure tbh (i should probably know this as someone who wants to go into a career in art lol). as someone else said, maybe try out deviant art? good luck :smile:
Cool illustrations! What about selling them on etsy as prints or postcards? You can have them printed on totes or t shirts, that's really in right now

Try approaching local independent shops in your area that sell prints/postcards, that's the easiest format of selling drawings i think. Apply for craft fairs/stalls in your locale as well

Instagram is popular but really competitive i think. Try making a good online portfolio, deviantart or behance?
Original post by Megmc
Reply 10
Original post by leopard202
Cool illustrations! What about selling them on etsy as prints or postcards? You can have them printed on totes or t shirts, that's really in right now

Try approaching local independent shops in your area that sell prints/postcards, that's the easiest format of selling drawings i think. Apply for craft fairs/stalls in your locale as well

Instagram is popular but really competitive i think. Try making a good online portfolio, deviantart or behance?

Aw thank you so much, I’ll take that into consideration :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by ririroo
your art is really cool! try to build up a portfolio kinda thing and post more on your instagram. u could maybe even make a website to showcase ur art? i'm not too sure tbh (i should probably know this as someone who wants to go into a career in art lol). as someone else said, maybe try out deviant art? good luck :smile:

Aw thank you and good luck to you too haha x
Reply 12
Original post by sachinihimara
My page isn't like thaaat big but I get a fair few commisions a month - if you like I can share you and some of my followers might be interested? My page is 'moonstoneseekeratxx' : ) xx

Aw thank you i will check it out as soon as I can :smile: xx
Reply 13
I’ve just posted my first submission on deviantart! Any support would be nice, my username is the same as my Instagram :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Megmc

get yourself a tumblr! It takes a while to make connections, but it's a good start, facebook is also good I've had a couple of design commissions through there! Build a portfolio, most of mine is also on tumblr but a lot of the commissions I get are for fandoms so it's a little easier for me there. Tag literally everything your art contains to get it noticed :smile:
Try Sony Sketch or Deviantart.
Reply 16
Original post by Lo_gan
get yourself a tumblr! It takes a while to make connections, but it's a good start, facebook is also good I've had a couple of design commissions through there! Build a portfolio, most of mine is also on tumblr but a lot of the commissions I get are for fandoms so it's a little easier for me there. Tag literally everything your art contains to get it noticed :smile:

Thank you the advice is great I’m taking it all :smile: x
Reply 17
Original post by Electrofusion8
Try Sony Sketch or Deviantart.

I will thank u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest