The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DalekLover
So, if you never got a detention, how did you manage?!

I managed by not being a dick. Seemed to work.
thestylishkidintheriot
I managed by not being a dick. Seemed to work.

I LOL at you good sir.
about 6. Though during the gcse coursework years i was always going back for something.

All for things like homework though. Except in year 5, when me and a friend were bored at some parents meeting and graffiti'd the toilets in toilet roll. Rockin'! I'm still a little ashamed about that.
I don't know quite how, but 0 :biggrin:
Reply 124
i had 1 - from a crazy lady that used to teach art in year 9 - she said anyone who speaks will get a detention - i found it ridiculous as i would not go and just take paint from somebodys table without asking so i politely asked can i borrow this paint please and the damn woman gave me a detention after school.... along with 20 others hahahah only myself and 2 friends turned up :P
Reply 125
Zero :smile:
I do my work on time and don't arse around much.
Reply 126
Ours only last 10minutes, but certain teachers give them out pretty much at random. Got two for having top button undone (should've been 3, but then the teacher got distracted and forgot) and 1 for eating in the corridor. Basically, certain teachers give them to every person they see in the course of a day because of top buttons as no-one ever fastens them and no other teachers care. Then I very nearly got 1 for something totally stupid, I don't actually understand what it was for, but it was by a student teacher and when they told the actual teacher, apparently they thought he was being stupid too so wouldn't let him. :P
Reply 127
I don't remember, I got quite a few at first and then they started being lenient on me so wahey!
Alex L
Coiling magnesium ribbon into the tops of bunsen burners is far funnier, next class that has them out gets a proper shock :biggrin:

Lol yeah that would be awesome, only if I was there to see their reactions though.
Reply 129
I've only had one given to me but then since it was a male teacher I cried and blamed it on crams why I had to miss class. He so believed it and it never came up on my record. After that i made sure that i didnt do anything bad cause I had no more excuses.
Reply 130
At our school there is a really strict male teacher who gives out punishments to people who loiter indoors before the first bell rings in the morning. To come into our school students enter a door at the end of a long corridor that leads to the office, and this guy forces everyone to go out a side door onto the patio when you come in, even if you want to go to the office, just because:

'Students make the corridors look messy when they walk down them'

Wtf are corridors for?!?!?!
Hmmm, quite a few. Usually for getting caught smoking, once for drinking at dinner time, having my shirt out...
Well above 21, a modest estimate would put me at around 100 detentions.
Reply 133
1. In year 7 during the third week. I still think the teacher was out of order, We had a 2 week round, week A and week B, both weeks had different subjects, left my homework at home thinking it was due for week B ;dry;
Reply 134
I was good, don't think I ever had more than two or three detentions.
Reply 135
lilac!!
1. In year 7 during the third week. I still think the teacher was out of order, We had a 2 week round, week A and week B, both weeks had different subjects, left my homework at home thinking it was due for week B ;dry;

We have a similar system, with 'Week 1' and 'Week 2', and inevitably a lot of people forget which week it is, especially after holidays. No one really gets punished for it though because it happens so often that there aren't enough spaces in detention for everyone who gets it wrong...
Reply 136
Was flinging my booking around trying to get someone back after they hit me, and when i started too it hit my teacher slap bang on the face :p:

Oops!!
3...i think. but they were all group ones so it wasnt anything against me personally. *polishes halo*
Reply 138
Gaara.

Oops!!

...bit of an understatement lol...
Reply 139
lol she walked to it, didnt mean to now :p:

2nd to last day in year 11 and i get detention:rolleyes:

Latest