The Student Room Group

What's the stupidest reason you've seen for a detention?

What the title says.

I'll go first, a couple years ago I had a science teacher who gave our whole class a detention because someone had lost a worksheet as it was being handed around the class we spent 5 minutes with her shouting at us get one of us to own up who had 2. Luckily she saw sense the day of the detention and instead bought in cake to apologise for the detention and let us all go.
Still to this day I think it was a bit bizarre.
I once got in detention because a guy from my class was bullying me during the class, I didn't even pay attention to his words, but the teacher thought that I was the one talking, when I tried to defend myself I got into more trouble. As I found out later the guy bullying me was her nephew or something like this.
I remember a boy got a detention for yawning.
Reply 3
Original post by Other_Owl
I remember a boy got a detention for yawning.
Did the teacher think they were bored or something???
Some teachers are bizarre.
Reply 4
saturday detentions for coming late lol (went to a strict scoo)
My friend got a detention for watching cat videos at lunch once
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Omnibluey
Did the teacher think they were bored or something???
Some teachers are bizarre.

The English teacher overreacted.
This happened to my sister. At the time she went to school, the school rules stated that water bottles had to be placed on the desk. On that day though, all the students in her class room, including her, had placed their water bottle in their locker and the lockers weren't working.

Locker not working = no water bottles = everyone gets a detention

Teacher in charge of detentions that day was surprised to see an entire class of students at detention, and was even more shocked about the reason.

Quick Reply

Latest