The Student Room Group

TSR Chinese Whispers!

TSR Chinese Whispers!

I really enjoyed this game a few years back so i am reviving it :woo:
This is just a simple take on the classic game one would play when you were younger, and is adapted so that it can work online on a forum. It involves drawing and describing.

How it works

So how this works is as follows. I will ask for people who want to play, and after we have a reasonable number (20 is nice, 26 max) the game will begin. People will be placed into a randomised order.

I will then PM the first person with a statement, the first Chinese whisper. This person will have to draw what I've described in Paint, and upload it to a site like Imgur. They will then PM me this picture.

I will then PM the next person in the list and show them this picture. They have to PM me back with their own description of it, being as brief or descriptive as they like.

I will then PM the third person, and show them this description. They draw, upload it and send it to me.

This cycle repeats until we've gone through everyone. It's all done is secret so as to keep up the suspense and prevent any bias. At the end of it, I'll show off the entire whisper chain from start to finish, and hopefully we'll have come up with something both hilarious and embarrassing for all involved, be it cause you're a terrible artist or you can't describe very well

A few key rules to note, obviously don't share what you've described or drawn anywhere else on the forum or to anyone, that kind of ruins the surprise. In pictures please don't use words or numbers to try and hint at what's been drawn, and pictures must be 500x400 in size (widthxheight). And for everyone involved, please don't blatantly lie or intentionally try and ruin the flow. As everything is being PM'd to me, I'll be acting as a sort of filter, and if something is amiss I'll ask you to redo it, or may end up skipping you're just being silly. If you dont respond within 2 days I will have to skip you to keep the game going.

I'll remind everyone in their PM as to what exactly you're doing (Be it drawing or describing), but if you have any questions please do ask in the thread.

1) @Glaz
2)@04MR17
3)@Quick-use
4) @CheeseIsVeg
5) @Sinnoh
6) @AngryJellyfish
7) @shadowdweller
8) @athene2
9) @8472
10) @morningstar461
11) @Chronoscope
12) @Bill Nye
13) @sqrt of 5
14) @KimJayneNoel
15) @Ryan-1704
16) @Deyesy
17) @ParadoxSocks

Credit to @MrDystopia for the original thread :biggrin:

Tagging some people who may be interested :ninja:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Would love this but can’t draw, especially not as well as you, dear cavy
OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

Unfortunately I'm in Somerset from tomorrow until Friday but count me in after that!!
Original post by Oxford Mum
Would love this but can’t draw, especially not as well as you, dear cavy

There's no need to be a good drawer :biggrin: the more terrible the better as it makes for a funny reveal at the end :ninja: plus if you want i can make sure you get sent a picture and then you just have to think of the word it is not draw the picture? :hugs:
Original post by Glaz
OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

Unfortunately I'm in Somerset from tomorrow until Friday but count me in after that!!

No worries :biggrin: Will take a while to get it all set up anyway :yep:
I'm in :ahee: :gah:
Count me in! :fluffy:
Original post by 04MR17
I'm in :ahee: :gah:

Original post by Quick-use
Count me in! :fluffy:

Added you both :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy

TSR Chinese Whispers!

I really enjoyed this game a few years back so i am reviving it :woo:
This is just a simple take on the classic game one would play when you were younger, and is adapted so that it can work online on a forum. It involves drawing and describing.

How it works

So how this works is as follows. I will ask for people who want to play, and after we have a reasonable number (20 is nice, 26 max) the game will begin. People will be placed into a randomised order.

I will then PM the first person with a statement, the first Chinese whisper. This person will have to draw what I've described in Paint, and upload it to a site like Imgur. They will then PM me this picture.

I will then PM the next person in the list and show them this picture. They have to PM me back with their own description of it, being as brief or descriptive as they like.

I will then PM the third person, and show them this description. They draw, upload it and send it to me.

This cycle repeats until we've gone through everyone. It's all done is secret so as to keep up the suspense and prevent any bias. At the end of it, I'll show off the entire whisper chain from start to finish, and hopefully we'll have come up with something both hilarious and embarrassing for all involved, be it cause you're a terrible artist or you can't describe very well

A few key rules to note, obviously don't share what you've described or drawn anywhere else on the forum or to anyone, that kind of ruins the surprise. In pictures please don't use words or numbers to try and hint at what's been drawn, and pictures must be 500x400 in size (widthxheight). And for everyone involved, please don't blatantly lie or intentionally try and ruin the flow. As everything is being PM'd to me, I'll be acting as a sort of filter, and if something is amiss I'll ask you to redo it, or may end up skipping you're just being silly. If you dont respond within 2 days I will have to skip you to keep the game going.

I'll remind everyone in their PM as to what exactly you're doing (Be it drawing or describing), but if you have any questions please do ask in the thread.

1) @Glaz
2)@04MR17
3)@Quick-use

Credit to @MrDystopia for the original thread :biggrin:

Tagging some people who may be interested :ninja:

Spoiler

count me innnn
Reply 9
O yeah I'll do this
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
count me innnn

Original post by Sinnoh
O yeah I'll do this

Added :biggrin:
Oh btw forgot to mention if you arent a FH or higher i'll add you to my contacts list as this will enable you to pm me, hope that's ok :colondollar:
Unfortunately I don't know what imgur is. I'm am the most low tech person in the world. I couldn't even play count to a million properly, though lots of people tried to show me. :eek:
There's no need to be a good drawer :biggrin: the more terrible the better as it makes for a funny reveal at the end :ninja: plus if you want i can make sure you get sent a picture and then you just have to think of the word it is not draw the picture? :hugs:
Unfortunately I don't know what imgur is. I'm am the most low tech person in the world. I couldn't even play count to a million properly, though lots of people tried to show me. :eek:

Quickest way to put screenshots from your computerTM onto TSR. You take the screenshot, then you go to imgur.com/upload then press ctrl+v and then you right click, select "copy image address" and then you can upload the image using the button between the paperclip and the camera+ on the toolbar. :smile: Does this make sense?:curious:
:s-smilie: I don't know. Might try at the weekend when my son is back, but I have problems with everything IT. Still it's nice to be asked to join in.
Original post by 04MR17
Quickest way to put screenshots from your computerTM onto TSR. You take the screenshot, then you go to imgur.com/upload then press ctrl+v and then you right click, select "copy image address" and then you can upload the image using the button between the paperclip and the camera+ on the toolbar. :smile: Does this make sense?:curious:
:s-smilie: I don't know. Might try at the weekend when my son is back, but I have problems with everything IT. Still it's nice to be asked to join in.

@AngryJellyfish is the person to ask, one of TSR's top techies! :biggrin:
Off to the pub now for quiz night (says she leaving hurriedly to bury herself in a sweet martini and lemonade) xx

:getmecoat:
Original post by 04MR17
Sign me up for this, please! :blow:

Original post by 04MR17

:shakecane:

https://imgur.com/

Create an account on there, then you can upload image files easily by clicking 'new post'. It should then provide you with image links, which you can send to other people. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Sign me up for this, please! :blow:

:shakecane:

https://imgur.com/

Create an account on there, then you can upload image files easily by clicking 'new post'. It should then provide you with image links, which you can send to other people. :yes:

Done :cute:
you dont need an account for imgur though :ninja:
Done :cute:
you dont need an account for imgur though :ninja:

I didn't know that! Though not having an account would surely make it difficult to keep track of your images? :hmmmm2:

Quick Reply

Latest