The Student Room Group

How on earth do I respond to my ex here???

The other day, I was with my brother and we went down the escalator, where my brother saw my ex going up. She was then again walking in front of me and I whispered to my brother that it’s her. He told me she had been staring at me the whole time we were on the escalator. I didn’t notice.

Skip to two days later, she’s just messaged me saying “well that was awkward”. WHY TWO DAYS LATER?? We haven’t spoken in over a year and we broke up 18 months ago. She has a new boyfriend too, so why would she need to message me?

I don’t know how I respond. Do I even reply?
No point replying after that long of a break to be honest.
Reply 2
Ignore. No point saying anything at all.
"Hi, who is this that's sent me this text?"
Followed by (if she doesn't bite) "Would you care to elaborate? There might be an interesting story here."
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
The other day, I was with my brother and we went down the escalator, where my brother saw my ex going up. She was then again walking in front of me and I whispered to my brother that it’s her. He told me she had been staring at me the whole time we were on the escalator. I didn’t notice.

Skip to two days later, she’s just messaged me saying “well that was awkward”. WHY TWO DAYS LATER?? We haven’t spoken in over a year and we broke up 18 months ago. She has a new boyfriend too, so why would she need to message me?

I don’t know how I respond. Do I even reply?

You have two options.

Option 1: You ignore the message and leave it there.

Option 2 (if you want a risky move): You reply “Yes, it was a bit awk lol. Wyd? I miss you”.

Good luck
(edited 5 months ago)
Seeing an ex is always going to be awkward
Reply 6
Original post by Wired_1800

You have two options.

Option 1: You ignore the message and leave it there.

Option 2 (if you want a risky move): You reply “Yes, it was a bit awk lol. Wyd? I miss you”.

Good luck

But the OP hasn't said they miss her...
Ignore or troll her by replying ''new number who dis''
Original post by Doomotron

He did not, but it is to pull on her heart strings. Become a shoulder to cry on…
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800

He did not, but it is to pull on her heart strings. Become a shoulder to cry on…

Again, the OP hasn't made any suggestion that they want to do that, or even have anything to do with their ex.
Again, the OP hasn't made any suggestion that they want to do that, or even have anything to do with their ex.

:facepalm2:
Reply 11

Whispering to his brother is the clue. Plus why else would he make the post unless in conflicted turmoil
Original post by Zarek

Whispering to his brother is the clue. Plus why else would he make the post unless in conflicted turmoil

And when I see people I hate in public I also might whisper to my friend to say who they are, and the conflict the OP said they had was about the text she sent more than a year after they last spoke.
Either don't respond or troll her by pretending that you don't recognise the username/phone number/remember who she is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending