The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What college is everyone thinking of applying to? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by royalmess

My son has been looking into it but not yet decided on colleges. Will wait until BMAT result to decide.

A quick question for people in the know. Which colleges have the least number of interviews? I know most have either 3 or 2. Are there any with 1? And are there any colleges that truly review your application holistically before making an offer. Looking at some Freedom of Information requests they seem to say it's holistic but the data indicates they rely on final interview scores for offer. All help appreciated!
I know that Cambridge interviews a lot of applicants, but what percentage are interviewed? Also what bmat scores would I need (generally, I know it depends on what college). Finally do any colleges give an offer purely based on your interview once you get an interview or does the bmat score come into play again?
Original post by royalmess

Murray Edwards College
Reply 5
What would be a good BMAT score to apply to Cambridge? I've heard some people say it needs to go into the 7+ range but isn't that insanely difficult?
Reply 6
Original post by Tutsani
What would be a good BMAT score to apply to Cambridge? I've heard some people say it needs to go into the 7+ range but isn't that insanely difficult?

No. I looked at some stats for some colleges and they do give out offers at around 5.5
Original post by Tutsani

If you're an international applicant then 7+ would be safe because the cut offs are higher
Reply 8
I am not so good on BMaT as i’m not a really aptitude test kinda gal . getting around 4.5-5.5 in practice papers and not really hitting any higher scores so far and my bmat is in August :frown: was hoping to apply to Clare’s but realistically they probably don’t want mediocre BMaT scores . am so stuck . i always give 100% but wih the bMat it’s really not translating into good scores cri . Wat can i do?
Original post by tzouii
I am not so good on BMaT as i’m not a really aptitude test kinda gal . getting around 4.5-5.5 in practice papers and not really hitting any higher scores so far and my bmat is in August :frown: was hoping to apply to Clare’s but realistically they probably don’t want mediocre BMaT scores . am so stuck . i always give 100% but wih the bMat it’s really not translating into good scores cri . Wat can i do?

practice practice practice and try to understand where you are going wrong
Reply 10
how is ur preparation going and r u doing aug or oct? lol practicing so hard but still not doing very well guess i’m jus dumb

Original post by puravi
practice practice practice and try to understand where you are going wrong
Original post by tzouii
how is ur preparation going and r u doing aug or oct? lol practicing so hard but still not doing very well guess i’m jus dumb

I have finished almost all of the past year papers and am doing the 400/700 BMAT qns book now. Will be redoing the past year papers in the next month. I'm taking BMAT Oct
Original post by puravi
I have finished almost all of the past year papers and am doing the 400/700 BMAT qns book now. Will be redoing the past year papers in the next month. I'm taking BMAT Oct

i remember seeing you on last years chat wow are you taking a gap year too? im still unsure about when to start lol - is it harder or easier this time around???
Original post by sweetietweetie
i remember seeing you on last years chat wow are you taking a gap year too? im still unsure about when to start lol - is it harder or easier this time around???

haha I'm starting uni locally (biomed) while reapplying for med school. Idk whether it'll be harder or easier but I'm hoping easier
Original post by puravi
haha I'm starting uni locally (biomed) while reapplying for med school. Idk whether it'll be harder or easier but I'm hoping easier

honestly hoping for easier - i thought you can't apply to camb whilst already in uni??? correct me if im wrong
Reply 15
Well, that’s a relief! Have you given the BMAT? And, do you by any chance know whether doing past papers from 2012-2018 gives you a good idea of your performance on the actual or not?
Original post by sweetietweetie
honestly hoping for easier - i thought you can't apply to camb whilst already in uni??? correct me if im wrong

well it's nowhere in the UCAS application so technically they don't know about it and u can't reapply if you're studying med in the UK which I'm not so it's fine
Original post by Tutsani
Well, that’s a relief! Have you given the BMAT? And, do you by any chance know whether doing past papers from 2012-2018 gives you a good idea of your performance on the actual or not?

yep doing the past papers is very helpful
Hi,
I was wondering if any one knew how different colleges weight the BMAT, as I am not able to find it on their website, because in another thread, someone mentioned that some colleges don’t look at the essay section but some colleges test you on it in the interview.
Thank you :smile:
So I'm applying for Cambridge this October, and I will be taking the BMAT test. will I also need to do the Cambridge pre-interview exam? or is the BMAT sufficient for application?

Latest

Trending

Trending