The Student Room Group

Cardiff A104 2020 Entry

Welcome to the Cardiff University A104 (Medicine with a Preliminary Year) 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2020/medicine-with-a-preliminary-year-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for setting up the thread!

Welcome to the new thread for prospective Cardiff medical school A104 (Medicine with a preliminary year) applicants for 2020 entry. This thread is designed to give prospective applicants a chance to discuss the application process, the course and the university, as well as get to known eachother.

There are current Cardiff medical students around to answer your questions:
- @Mutmit287 - Current Cardiff final year

A104 is a preliminary programme (6 years long) designed for those students who have been unable to meet the subject requirements for entry onto the A100 course. For example if a student has taken non-science subjects at A-level, or has only taken one science subject at A-level. Applicants will still need to obtain AAA in their A-levels, hence it is not a foundation year for those who achieved below AAA in the recommended subjects. Following satisfactory completion of the prelimary year (comprised of core chemistry and biosciences modules), students will join year 1 of the A100 degree course.

Here are some useful links and contact details:
Overview and entry requirements
2020 entry undergraduate degree programme
Key contacts

FAQ Section:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Are graduates with a science degree allowed to apply to the Cardiff A104 6 year programme ? Or is it non-science graduates only
Also are they required to the Gamsat ?
Thanks !
Reply 3
Hi Everyone, just want to introduce myself I am a 2nd year medical student at Cardiff University and I will be following on from Mutmit287 with answering questions on behalf of the medical school! I made myself a new account - wanted to forget the days of unofficial markschemes popping up lol! I will try my best to answer questions as quickly as I can - ask away!
Reply 4
Original post by Chez231
Are graduates with a science degree allowed to apply to the Cardiff A104 6 year programme ? Or is it non-science graduates only
Also are they required to the Gamsat ?
Thanks !

- If you have a science degree but not A-level biology or chemistry then you should contact [email protected] for advice
- If you have a science degree but with the relevant A levels you will not be eligible for A104 instead you would be able to apply for A100
- If you are applying for A100/A104 you are required to sit UCAT (other graduates/final year undergraduates must sit GAMSAT i.e A101/A102)
Reply 5
Anyone here from the feeder course , or have any knowledge of it? Also is there any leniency for A Level grades??
Original post by NatsP29
Anyone here from the feeder course , or have any knowledge of it? Also is there any leniency for A Level grades??

For Graduate entry you mean?
Reply 7
Original post by Neurocandid
For Graduate entry you mean?

yes, from one of the feeder courses up in Wales. Did you get in via a feeder stream?
Original post by NatsP29
yes, from one of the feeder courses up in Wales. Did you get in via a feeder stream?

My friend did. You need BBB
Howdy, does anyone know what kind of time frame we can expect to hear back in about interviews/rejections? I'm fully dying here haha. Good luck to everyone!
Original post by tommynimbus
Howdy, does anyone know what kind of time frame we can expect to hear back in about interviews/rejections? I'm fully dying here haha. Good luck to everyone!

From previous years I would say not at least until Jan. no news is good news. Hang in there
Reply 11

Interviews will be taking place over December/January with handing out official offers usually around February
Original post by Neurocandid
From previous years I would say not at least until Jan. no news is good news. Hang in there

Thanks dude.

Original post by ENR123
Interviews will be taking place over December/January with handing out official offers usually around February

Cheers for this. Do you mean the invites to interview will happen in January? I'm trying to be nonchalant and composed about the whole thing but man am I emotionally invested. Haha
Reply 13
Cheers for this. Do you mean the invites to interview will happen in January? I'm trying to be nonchalant and composed about the whole thing but man am I emotionally invested. Haha

So sorry i missed this message!! All invites to interviews will have been given now
Original post by ENR123
So sorry i missed this message!! All invites to interviews will have been given now

Haha no worries. I had a wicked interview (I hope!) so I’ll let you off
Reply 15
Haha no worries. I had a wicked interview (I hope!) so I’ll let you off

Fantastic!!! All the best!! 😊
has anyone heard bakc?
i haven't no x
Original post by diyadkis.in
has anyone heard bakc?

no x but i did think my interview was awful lol
Do u know anyone Cus everyone from A100 have started getting offers so just wondering if A104 offers have been given out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending