The Student Room Group

Southampton A101 (BM4) 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
ambassador said we would hear back by end of March? That’s so far away
Original post by DW910
ambassador said we would hear back by end of March? That’s so far away

Based on last years spreadsheet, I was expecting that we would hear back during the second week of March, perhaps around 11th March? It was 35 days from interview to decision last year... End of March would be a very long wait!
Reply 162
Realistically if I have not received an interview for BM4 or heard anything back from Southampton, have I been rejected or are there more than 1 batches of interviews?
Original post by OOD23
Realistically if I have not received an interview for BM4 or heard anything back from Southampton, have I been rejected or are there more than 1 batches of interviews?

I think they only have one batch of interviews, sorry man I'm almost certain it's a rejection :frown:
Original post by Ellios
I think they only have one batch of interviews, sorry man I'm almost certain it's a rejection :frown:

They can’t interview all bm4 interview applicants in 2 days that’s ridiculous I’m sorry
Original post by DentStudent97
They can’t interview all bm4 interview applicants in 2 days that’s ridiculous I’m sorry

If you look at last years GEM spreadsheet, all the interviews were done in two days (30th and 31st January).... I’m quite confident that it was just yesterday and today for BM4. Sorry
Reply 166
They could sit down and compare scores in a few hours, so mean we have to wait until March =(
Original post by OOD23

Hopefully you have better luck than I do but I just received my rejection update on ucas, so unfortunately it may be a rejection 😣
Does anyone know how many interviews they held and the number of offers they send out?
Original post by cocoabeaneo
Does anyone know how many interviews they held and the number of offers they send out?

I was under the impression they interview around 200 people and there is 48 places on the course. Not 100% sure on the interview numbers tho x
Original post by lkm1997123
I was under the impression they interview around 200 people and there is 48 places on the course. Not 100% sure on the interview numbers tho x

Thanks for the reply! 200 sounds about right, on Tuesday I was told they were interviewing 90 people that day
Reply 171
Yeah from memory it was about 185 interviews for 65 offers last year is what they said at the open day... I remember it being about a 1/3 chance!
When I spoke to a current student at my interview, they said they had heard back within 2 weeks.

I have my fingers crossed we will hear back this week!
Original post by Hrowden96
When I spoke to a current student at my interview, they said they had heard back within 2 weeks.

I have my fingers crossed we will hear back this week!

I'm thinking we could be waiting till early/middle of March (once all the BM5 interviews are done). Last year, offers were sent out 35 days after the BM4 interviews. I received my rejection on the 9th March. So not sure you should get your hopes up for this week (but I hope I'm wrong lol).
Original post by lkm1997123
I'm thinking we could be waiting till early/middle of March (once all the BM5 interviews are done). Last year, offers were sent out 35 days after the BM4 interviews. I received my rejection on the 9th March. So not sure you should get your hopes up for this week (but I hope I'm wrong lol).

Agree with this.... Although a response this week would be amazing! (If it’s good news!!)
Reply 175
Original post by AKJ2019
Agree with this.... Although a response this week would be amazing! (If it’s good news!!)

It is early March. I wasn’t given a date though, but called this morning.
Original post by DW910
It is early March. I wasn’t given a date though, but called this morning.

That’s what I was expecting. Based on last year, I have predicted around 10th March, but we shall have to patiently wait and see (easier said than done, lol)
Reply 177
Anyone apply BM5 aswrll?
Original post by DW910
Anyone apply BM5 aswrll?

I did!
Reply 179
Original post by physiomedic
I did!

Saw you on the BM5 thread =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending