The Student Room Group

Help, need full time college course for aircraft maintenance licences?

Does anyone know of a college that does a full time course to do either my A licences or a specified B licence?

Absolutely anywhere in England because I was offered a two year apprenticeship under the condition that i can find a college for the company for me to do my licences. We previously had a college sorted but the college changed its criteria that the company had to meet. The company will pay for my rent when i relocate. I have been very lucky to get this apprenticeship and am so close to sorting it out. I am new to the forum sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area.

My story so far: Signed up with a company to get my NVQ level 3 in aeronautical engineering (Avionic). It was a four year apprenticeship. 6 months into the apprenticeship we were told that we will not be doing the qualification that we signed up for but it will be changed to something like a project management apprenticeship or even the fire service. To be fair they have tried to find us an apprenticeship that we would like within the business but i relocated 4 hours away from where i was originally for this apprenticeship. Since the bad news at the end of February i have been applying to countless places and going to many interviews and i finally got offered a brilliant apprenticeship which was 2 years long and i got my A licences as well. The day i was about to hand my notice to the original company the company that i got the new apprenticeship with (they sent me the course layout and study timetable for the apprenticeship with my contract and offer of employment) they said that they can't offer me employment anymore because they don't meet the criteria for the college (the studying at college was for 8 months of the apprenticeship). I had the contract given but didn't send it signed back to them with all my details. All this happened so fast. The company to be fair has been absolutely brilliant as they didn't have to do anything for me because the apprenticeship wouldn't have existed but was only available because i told them my situation and spoke to them in person they wanted to help. They really are trying to sort this out and feel so guilty but can't find a quality training provider.

If i cant find a college i will be unemployed because i was offered a fire service apprenticeship but turned it down because i was given the new contract for the other company's apprenticeship.

All the help is very much appreciated

Thank you
Original post by kdrc
Does anyone know of a college that does a full time course to do either my A licences or a specified B licence?

Absolutely anywhere in England because I was offered a two year apprenticeship under the condition that i can find a college for the company for me to do my licences. We previously had a college sorted but the college changed its criteria that the company had to meet. The company will pay for my rent when i relocate. I have been very lucky to get this apprenticeship and am so close to sorting it out. I am new to the forum sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area.

My story so far: Signed up with a company to get my NVQ level 3 in aeronautical engineering (Avionic). It was a four year apprenticeship. 6 months into the apprenticeship we were told that we will not be doing the qualification that we signed up for but it will be changed to something like a project management apprenticeship or even the fire service. To be fair they have tried to find us an apprenticeship that we would like within the business but i relocated 4 hours away from where i was originally for this apprenticeship. Since the bad news at the end of February i have been applying to countless places and going to many interviews and i finally got offered a brilliant apprenticeship which was 2 years long and i got my A licences as well. The day i was about to hand my notice to the original company the company that i got the new apprenticeship with (they sent me the course layout and study timetable for the apprenticeship with my contract and offer of employment) they said that they can't offer me employment anymore because they don't meet the criteria for the college (the studying at college was for 8 months of the apprenticeship). I had the contract given but didn't send it signed back to them with all my details. All this happened so fast. The company to be fair has been absolutely brilliant as they didn't have to do anything for me because the apprenticeship wouldn't have existed but was only available because i told them my situation and spoke to them in person they wanted to help. They really are trying to sort this out and feel so guilty but can't find a quality training provider.

If i cant find a college i will be unemployed because i was offered a fire service apprenticeship but turned it down because i was given the new contract for the other company's apprenticeship.

Thank you

Try

https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/Apprenticeship/Standard/114

and

https://www.resourcegroup.co.uk/aviation-technical-training/apprenticeships/

and

https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/aircraft-maintenance-certifying-engineer/
Try Exeter College/FlyBe, aircraft engineering Fd Dg course. EASA part 66, B licence, 4 years total, plus 1 year at Kingston (administering University) for Masters should you choose to do it.
Original post by kdrc

Thank you
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending