The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan and changing from part time to full time studies

Good afternoon,

My name is Anta and I am a part time student at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. I would like to change from part time to full time studies. A maintenance loan will help me with this and wondering if I am still on time to apply for it and also adjust my current tuition fees loans to full time studies.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Anta
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Good afternoon,
My name is Anta. I am a part time student at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. I would like to change from part time to full time studies. A maintenance loan could help me with this and wondering if I am still on time to apply for a maintenance loan and adjust my current loan to full time studies. Thank you in advance for your help. Anta
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi Anta,

If you can delete your customer reference please as we can't access accounts on this platform and that's your own unique number for security. When are you looking to change your course to full time and have you already enrolled this year? Thanks, Jason
Hi,

I've responded to your other thread. If you can keep all responses to the one thread, please and we'll respond tomorrow to you. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Anta,

If you can delete your customer reference please as we can't access accounts on this platform and that's your own unique number for security. When are you looking to change your course to full time and have you already enrolled this year? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your reply. I have just deleted my CRN, thank you.
Yes I have already enrolled in part time studies and started my course. I'm looking to change to full time studies as soon as possible and once I know that I am eligible for a maintenance loan. I have already spoken to my program director and she advised me to contact you to see if this is still feasible.

Thanks

Anta
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi,

I've responded to your other thread. If you can keep all responses to the one thread, please and we'll respond tomorrow to you. Thanks, Jason

Hello,
Ok no problem. Thank you very much
Anta
[Threads have been merged]
Original post by Fenomena
Hello,
Ok no problem. Thank you very much
Anta

Hi Anta,

Thank you - last of all, what is the full name of your course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Anta,

Thank you - last of all, what is the full name of your course?

Thanks, Graeme

Hello Graeme,

My full name is Anta Sow Sow
My course is the MSc of Nutrition for Global Health at LSHTM
Thanks
Anta
Hello Graeme,

My full name is Anta Sow Sow
My course is the MSc of Nutrition for Global Health at LSHTM
Thanks
Anta

Thanks, yes - you can decide to change to full-time, that's fine.

To do this you just need to ask your university to send us a Change of Circumstances (COC) to let us know. We'll then update your application.

This means that, instead of receiving your Postgraduate Loan payments over two or three years you can get them over one year instead.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 10
Thanks, yes - you can decide to change to full-time, that's fine.

To do this you just need to ask your university to send us a Change of Circumstances (COC) to let us know. We'll then update your application.

This means that, instead of receiving your Postgraduate Loan payments over two or three years you can get them over one year instead.

Thanks, Graeme

Ok great thanks. Besides this, In order to be able to study full time I would need a maintenance loan for my living expenses. Can I also apply for that ?

Thanks,

Anta
(edited 6 months ago)
Ok great thanks. Besides this, In order to be able to study full time I would need a maintenance loan for my living expenses. Can I also apply for that ?

Thanks,

Anta

You can't, unfortunately - you're entitled to the Masters Loan but Masters courses don't attract the Maintenance Loan as well.

However, it's definitely worth asking your university's Finance team to see if they can offer any help or advice.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 12
You can't, unfortunately - you're entitled to the Masters Loan but Masters courses don't attract the Maintenance Loan as well.

However, it's definitely worth asking your university's Finance team to see if they can offer any help or advice.

Thanks, Graeme

Ok no worries, thanks for letting me know. I will ask my university about it Thanks Graeme.
Anta
Ok no worries, thanks for letting me know. I will ask my university about it Thanks Graeme.
Anta

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending