The Student Room Group

Transferring Approved Student Finance to Imperial for MSc in Advanced Computing - Is

Hey everyone,

I recently received a conditional offer for a full-time MSc in Advanced Computing at Imperial College London. Currently, I'm in my third year at Southampton and have approved student finance (tuition fee and maintenance loan) for my fourth year here.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with transferring their approved student finance from one university to another, specifically for a situation like mine where I would be transitioning from an undergraduate program to a Master's program at a different institution. I would be stepping down from my MEng to a BEng. Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help! :smile:
Reply 1
Do I need to re-apply?
Original post by RobMayeV
Hey everyone,

I recently received a conditional offer for a full-time MSc in Advanced Computing at Imperial College London. Currently, I'm in my third year at Southampton and have approved student finance (tuition fee and maintenance loan) for my fourth year here.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with transferring their approved student finance from one university to another, specifically for a situation like mine where I would be transitioning from an undergraduate program to a Master's program at a different institution. I would be stepping down from my MEng to a BEng. Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help! :smile:

Hi there, If your course duration has changed and you will be completing your undergraduate course your university would need to notify us that your course duration has changed. I would advise to speak with them and request this to be sent as soon as possible.

If you are then returning to university to study a masters you would need to apply as a Postgraduate Loan student for the team to review the funding you are entitled to receive. You can find out more information about this here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Karen
Reply 3
Thanks Karen!
Original post by RobMayeV
Thanks Karen!

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending