The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2019/20

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by niamh159
Hi there would it be possible to get some infor re the process etc

https://www.faststream.gov.uk/faqs/

All the info is there, and there are details of each scheme on the website. Hope this helps and good luck
Original post by GRL90
There isn’t really any way I found to prepare. I personally found 2 of them challenging, but made it thru to WBS. The only advice I can give is looking at the Level 3 Success Profiles (There’s a link in the FAQs or just google it) and have them in mind. Good luck!

So kind. Thank you! By the way, can I ask how long the initial tests take. Was going to take them now but I have to leave in two hours :smile:
Original post by S1elyak1
You can't really prepare for it. I did not complete the SJT so cannot talk about them. The WSQ I found straight forward. For the WBS I found the first set easier and more interesting than the secTond

Thanks!!! How long did these tests take, just so i know how much time to put aside for them?
Reply 783
Congrats to everyone hearing they've got through to WBS recently!

I am blessed with some more waiting it seems :biggrin:
Reply 784
Original post by xx1t35
So kind. Thank you! By the way, can I ask how long the initial tests take. Was going to take them now but I have to leave in two hours :smile:

Took me about 2, but I’d leave yourself More in order to not be pressured? There are four tests I’m sure you could do say 2 now and 2 later if you run out of time.
Reply 785
Original post by xx1t35
Thanks!!! How long did these tests take, just so i know how much time to put aside for them?

WBS took just under two hours and if I remember correctly the WSQ took a little less so maybe around 1.5 hours.
Reply 786
Original post by ADDICTIVERUNNER
I'm mature too. I'm 39.

36! Nice that I am not the only 'mature' one
Reply 787
Original post by Has2b8
36! Nice that I am not the only 'mature' one

29...nearly 30... so matureish!
I know I am late to the taking the tests party... but what were people's feedback on response? I don't think I did very well :/ my feedback for the situational judgement tests were 'your answers were compatible with most applicants' but basically saying that I needed to improve. My WSQ were 'mostly aligned with our views'. It's all 'mostly' is that good enough to get through to the WBS?? Also how long did you hear back? Thanks!
I applied for Diplo, GSS, GORS, finance and got through to WBS last week. I reckon the batch theory is probably right! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 790
Original post by xx1t35
I know I am late to the taking the tests party... but what were people's feedback on response? I don't think I did very well :/ my feedback for the situational judgement tests were 'your answers were compatible with most applicants' but basically saying that I needed to improve. My WSQ were 'mostly aligned with our views'. It's all 'mostly' is that good enough to get through to the WBS?? Also how long did you hear back? Thanks!

If you scroll thru the feed you’ll see people’s feedback. Mine was similar to yours, as was many peoples on this feed - I got thru to WBS in the first batch (judging from the cross section on this feed) hearing about a week after taking the tests. Some people have got rejected in the last 24hrs with this feedback. Some people are still waiting to hear having taken the tests two weeks ago, some people progressed thru to the WBS same day as taking the tests. Basically there’s no rhyme nor reason to it. My guestimation of this moderate sounding feedback probably covers a very wide range of results explaining why some people got thru, some got rejected and some are still waiting. This is very much a complete punt in the dark tho! Good luck with everything!
Still no feedback on WBS / video interview unlocked. Really really hope I at least get through to this stage with it being my first year of applying. Don't know how much longer I can stay being an AO and at the moment with brexit a lot of CS jobs being advertised aren't even there!
Original post by ray300193
Still no feedback on WBS / video interview unlocked. Really really hope I at least get through to this stage with it being my first year of applying. Don't know how much longer I can stay being an AO and at the moment with brexit a lot of CS jobs being advertised aren't even there!

What do you mean by "a lot of CS jobs being advertised aren't even there!"?
Does passing the tests mean you're through for all of your schemes?
Original post by edward18
Does passing the tests mean you're through for all of your schemes?

Unfortunately not - you won't know which schemes you were successful for at each stage until after you've been through VI (if you get that far). All you know at this stage is that you're through for at least one of them.
Reply 795
Just found out I've been unsuccessful despite my feedback being 'higher than the majority of applicants', anyone else had the same?
Original post by beckyo
So my application updated today to show this, but I haven't yet received an email and my WBS are still locked. Anyone else? (It previously said "You've completed this section, we'll send you an email when we have your results. Make sure you check your junk inbox.")
Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 12.30.19.png

Just checked my application, mine also says this. Hoping it means we're both successful!
Reply 797
Original post by 10jero
Just found out I've been unsuccessful despite my feedback being 'higher than the majority of applicants', anyone else had the same?

Sorry to hear that, did you apply for highly competitive schemes? Not that's it's much help but there's always next year and at least now you know a little about what to expect. Remember there's also the CS jobs website too to look for jobs. From what I read on last years thread if you work hard enough there's room to develop at a similar rate to FS. Good luck with your other job applications
Reply 798
Original post by S1elyak1
Sorry to hear that, did you apply for highly competitive schemes? Not that's it's much help but there's always next year and at least now you know a little about what to expect. Remember there's also the CS jobs website too to look for jobs. From what I read on last years thread if you work hard enough there's room to develop at a similar rate to FS. Good luck with your other job applications

Thanks! Feeling a little disappointed and confused, I applied for Diplo, HoP, Generalist and Comms so fairly competitive but just confused from the feedback I received as I was fairly certain I would have at least gotten to the next stage after having good feedback. Nevermind, good luck to everyone for the rest of the process!
Reply 799
Original post by mjp73
I haven't seen anyone go through, and considering it only looks like there was a pass mark adjustment for stage 1 tests late yesterday, I can't see them letting anyone through to VI for a bit yet.

What do you mean there was a pass mark adjustment for stage 1 tests? As in they lowered the required marks to let people through?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending