The Student Room Group

My favourite teacher is leaving!!!!!!!

Hi guys , well there is a teacher who was my science teacher couple months ago but I got into higher class he is not my teacher anymore but we are soo close together I can tell him all of my problems and he is my role model , this week he said he is leaving next year and next year is my last year (yr 11) , he is gonna be here just for this term , and I’m soooo sad like I feel like I will be sooo alone after him and I’m gonna miss him so much!!! Today he said he gonna ask my new teacher about me and my progress when he left but he didn’t say that I can have his email or something because i wanna know about him as well , and bcz of that I didn’t ask for his email. So my question is can I have his email or Facebook ( Facebook is better bcz I don’t know how to send email loool) is it illegal?? Or is it awkward to ask for it??? Thank u so much!!
(edited 4 years ago)
not the facebook thats too illegal, just ask if u can keep in touch
1. Learn how to send an email
2. Facebook is often a bit too inappropriate, but it's not illegal
Reply 3
Original post by Fatcookies
not the facebook thats too illegal, just ask if u can keep in touch

Thank u!! But i thought when a teacher or a student left the school then they can have each other on social media..
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
1. Learn how to send an email
2. Facebook is often a bit too inappropriate, but it's not illegal

Yh I should learn it haha ! Thank u so much!
idk about that sis it seems illegal to me even tho you mean good. im sure he'll give u his email anyways dont stress
Original post by Varia aziz
Thank u!! But i thought when a teacher or a student left the school then they can have each other on social media..
I used to have my teachers on my facebook but I ended up blocking them. They never said no. But most likely email is the right pass to communicate with teachers.
Reply 7
Original post by Fatcookies
idk about that sis it seems illegal to me even tho you mean good. im sure he'll give u his email anyways dont stress

Thank u so much xx
Original post by Varia aziz

Each school will have their own rules on this, but to be on the safe side, I would avoid adding him on social media. I teach at university, but were I a school teacher and a former pupil who was in year 11 sent me a friend request, I would not be accepting that request because of the complications it creates in relation to safeguarding.
Reply 9
Original post by keptinside
I used to have my teachers on my facebook but I ended up blocking them. They never said no. But most likely email is the right pass to communicate with teachers.

Oh 🙄 btw thank uu!!
Reply 10
Original post by toronto353
Each school will have their own rules on this, but to be on the safe side, I would avoid adding him on social media. I teach at university, but were I a school teacher and a former pupil who was in year 11 sent me a friend request, I would not be accepting that request because of the complications it creates in relation to safeguarding.

Thank u so much for the advice ! U are right I should ask him for his email .. thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest