smscku
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Fulbright program is only for postgraduate level study and is insanely competitive so do not count on this for undergraduate OR postgrad for that matter.
Even with average grades, you could probably attend a state (public) university and have a great college experience. This might cost you 25k/year in tuition at full cost, with additional costs for living expenses. So yes, you will still be paying a lot, but I think it is very reasonable to assume 160k total debt after graduation if you are taking a loan for every cost, at an average public university. If you aren't looking at the best of the best you can definitely keep costs down. Every state has a few main public universities, with more affordable tuition (even for out of state, which you would be paying as an international student), and generally more lenient academic requirements. These schools are usually large and have the classic American university experience. Even the dumbest people I know from high school can go to university if they want. You just need to find a school that is in your academic range.
theholychilli
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by smscku)
The Fulbright program is only for postgraduate level study and is insanely competitive so do not count on this for undergraduate OR postgrad for that matter.
Even with average grades, you could probably attend a state (public) university and have a great college experience. This might cost you 25k/year in tuition at full cost, with additional costs for living expenses. So yes, you will still be paying a lot, but I think it is very reasonable to assume 160k total debt after graduation if you are taking a loan for every cost, at an average public university. If you aren't looking at the best of the best you can definitely keep costs down. Every state has a few main public universities, with more affordable tuition (even for out of state, which you would be paying as an international student), and generally more lenient academic requirements. These schools are usually large and have the classic American university experience. Even the dumbest people I know from high school can go to university if they want. You just need to find a school that is in your academic range.
The US-UK Fulbright Commission also gives advice to undergraduates (and postgraduates) who want to study in the US, it's not just scholarships programmes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)