The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool in London International Accounting

I'm planning to enrol for Msc International Accounting from Uol for the academic year 2019/20. Im currently an ACCA student so will enter with this route (after F9 exam). Can anyone please give me a brief review of the course and the university, and how have students found job prospects since finishing?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by pavanmir
I'm planning to enrol for Msc International Accounting from Uol for the academic year 2019/20. Im currently an ACCA student so will enter with this route (after F9 exam). Can anyone please give me a brief review of the course and the university, and how have students found job prospects since finishing?

I graduated from the University of Liverpool in London on the MSc Accounting programme (the ICAEW equivalent) to your programme. I can answer questions around campus, career advice, academics etc -- I have some knowledge of the MSc International Accounting programme, however, you will be the 2nd intake to have done the programme.
Reply 3
Hi,
I was wondering if you know anything about MSc finance & investment mgmt programme in terms of teaching qualities, intensity of studying and career opportunities? I believe the accounting programme shares some courses with this one? There’s only few info I can find. So really appreciate it if you can elaborate on these aspects. Thank you in advance!!
Original post by zsczg
Hi,
I was wondering if you know anything about MSc finance & investment mgmt programme in terms of teaching qualities, intensity of studying and career opportunities? I believe the accounting programme shares some courses with this one? There’s only few info I can find. So really appreciate it if you can elaborate on these aspects. Thank you in advance!!

Hi,
I know the FIM programme has the most amount of students from all the programmes at the London campus.

My understanding is, the programme is similar in terms of 'teaching blocks' - You'll have either 3 or 4 days of teaching per week (Starting from 9am and finishing at 4:30). The programme runs parallel with CFA Level 1, and you'll have the option to enter the CFA Level 1 exams as part of your tuition fee. Students I met during my time at Liverpool in London, couldn't speak highly enough of the academics teaching the programme, and incredibly knowledgeable, approachable and always go the extra mile to support students.

It's normally a diverse cohort, so you'll have the opportunity to network with students from the UK and all around the world. I'm not too sure examples of employers but can find out for you.

- The programme structure can be found here
- You can also locate the module specifications here by searching the for module names

Hope this helps, or if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Thank you for your reply!!
You’ve mentioned that students couldn’t speak highly of the academics teaching. Meaning the teachers performed poorly?
I also want to know whether the career services they provide can contribute to finding any internships(regardless of msc accounting or FIM) ?
Original post by zsczg
Thank you for your reply!!
You’ve mentioned that students couldn’t speak highly of the academics teaching. Meaning the teachers performed poorly?
I also want to know whether the career services they provide can contribute to finding any internships(regardless of msc accounting or FIM) ?

I forgot to add 'enough' which made a positive sound like a negative :biggrin:!

The Careers Service provides support to all students irrespective of what discipline/programme of study you are undertaking
Reply 7
Aahh thank you again for your kind replies. it’s really helpful! :biggrin:
Original post by zsczg
Aahh thank you again for your kind replies. it’s really helpful! :biggrin:

No problem :smile: Have you applied for the 19/20 academic year or are you prospectively looking for next year?
Reply 9
yeah I’ve got an offer starting from 19 fall. :h:
Hi I have been accepted into the Sep 2019 intake for MSc Accounting. Any advice would be appreciated. How many of those who started actually graduated? What was the reaction of the Big 4 firms to the MSc? Did many of your class get offers from Big 4 firms? What is the quality of the lecturers? Question banks? Many thanks.
Original post by Accntgmasters
Hi I have been accepted into the Sep 2019 intake for MSc Accounting. Any advice would be appreciated. How many of those who started actually graduated? What was the reaction of the Big 4 firms to the MSc? Did many of your class get offers from Big 4 firms? What is the quality of the lecturers? Question banks? Many thanks.

Congratulations on your offer!

From my academic year, I would say 94% had with the remaining taking resits and graduating the July after. The Big 4 don’t treat applicants any differently to those with a Bachelors degree. The benefits are the number of exemptions you can obtain, which becomes beneficial when you start working. Some firms are more warmer to the number of exemptions than others.

Yes they did, however in terms of where, this was varied given the international cohort.
Lectures were of high quality, probably the best teaching I’ve ever had and since.

Study manual/question banks/course notes are included in your tuition fee and you’ll get those on your first day of each module

Hope this helps!
Many thanks for your reply. That’s so encouraging!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending