The Student Room Group

Will my firm choice lower my confusions if they are in clearing?

I have an off from Exeter for AAA but they are already in clearing for my course. Will they be likely to let me study there if I got something like ABB?
Also sub question: can I re-apply to my firm or insurance through clearing in the same year?
Confusions, probably not.
Conditions, maybe. It depends which grades they’re accepting in clearing too. If they reject you and you get AAB and they’re in clearing, call them up and talk to them.
Hi. As you are a current offer-holder, your application will be carefully considered when we know your results; therefore you are in a good position. The process during results week will be that all students who have met their offer are automatically confirmed. We then look at offer-holders who have missed their grades and consider each applicant on their merits and in comparison with the other applicants for that subject who have narrowly missed their offer. We cannot therefore tell what the final grade entry for your course will be as offers are made on predicted grades not achieved grades and this may change.
As your application will have been reviewed before a final decision is made, it would not be worth applying for the same degree programme again if you were not successful. However, we have other programmes in Clearing and you are very welcome to apply for one of those if they are of interest. The same situation would be true of your insurance choice if you were not successful there either.
I hope that this helps.
Karen
It does, thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Uni of Exeter
Hi. As you are a current offer-holder, your application will be carefully considered when we know your results; therefore you are in a good position. The process during results week will be that all students who have met their offer are automatically confirmed. We then look at offer-holders who have missed their grades and consider each applicant on their merits and in comparison with the other applicants for that subject who have narrowly missed their offer. We cannot therefore tell what the final grade entry for your course will be as offers are made on predicted grades not achieved grades and this may change.
As your application will have been reviewed before a final decision is made, it would not be worth applying for the same degree programme again if you were not successful. However, we have other programmes in Clearing and you are very welcome to apply for one of those if they are of interest. The same situation would be true of your insurance choice if you were not successful there either.
I hope that this helps.
Karen

Quick Reply

Latest