The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Accommodation Payments and Student Finance mismatch

Hello everyone,

Something I'm a tad concerned about is the dates of my student accommodation payments in first year (2019/2020) and the payments I receive from student finance.

In my first semester I receive my maintenance loan first, but then in the next two semesters I have to pay for my accommodation first and there's a 2 week period in which I have to wait for my student finance.
I can manage this but, in order to be more comfortable, I'd like to make it so that my accommodation payments were delayed for instance so that I don't have to live on the borderline for extended periods of time like that.

What an I do?

Thank you!
Original post by Beadichinoa
Hello everyone,

Something I'm a tad concerned about is the dates of my student accommodation payments in first year (2019/2020) and the payments I receive from student finance.

In my first semester I receive my maintenance loan first, but then in the next two semesters I have to pay for my accommodation first and there's a 2 week period in which I have to wait for my student finance.
I can manage this but, in order to be more comfortable, I'd like to make it so that my accommodation payments were delayed for instance so that I don't have to live on the borderline for extended periods of time like that.

What an I do?

Thank you!

Hello!

If you find that there is an issue with your schedules synchronizing it might be worthwhile contacting your university/letting agent to see if they can alter the date that these come out.

If you were to provide proof of the payment dates via the student finance funding schedule then they may be able to assist you further.

I hope this helps!

Patrick :lep:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending