The Student Room Group

Bradford uni not accepting my proof

Hi does anybody have any advice on anything I can do.

Iv got a conditional offer for social work at Bradford uni and was told I needed to meet certain requirements. One of the requirements were to pass a certificate of higher education I was doing.

Now in the interview I never said I was studying a certificate of higher education I said I was studying a psychology degree with the Open University and that I would have my results for 1st year on 22nd of July. I said that if I was successful in getting into Bradford then I can pull out of the psych ou degree after my results and claim a certificate of higher education in psychology.

I passed the 1st year and sent a statement from the OU to Bradford that states I passed.
When I called Bradford admissions they said they won’t accept it as it says Bsc Psychology on it instead of certificate of higher education. I said I can get that wording changed but then She said we need the actual certificate. I said I can’t do that because it won’t arrive in time baring in mind I have to give 4 weeks notice at work.
So I called the OU who have said they can change the wording on the statement within 2 days and provide a transcript within 10 because most unis like a transcript but the actual certificate arriving could be as late as October.

I feel like it’s over. Iv not had the best start in life, had to leave school at 14 etc I have jumped through every hoop they have put in front of me only for this now at the last minute.

Is there anything I can do?
(edited 4 years ago)
Talk to the head of course.
I am in your exact position at Bradford uni, I spoke to the head of admissions who told me that an official transcript is enough proof as the certificate comes much later.
Omg I mentioned a transcript on the phone and she just replied we need the certificate and that was basically the reply I got to everything.
I spoke to another person at the uni since posting and he said a statement is fine so long as the wording is changed but Iv asked for a transcript too just in case.
It’s all been so stressful as I feel like I can’t mentally or physically prepare for the big life change because I don’t know if I’m definitely going or not with how many things keep going wrong.
Thanks for replying it’s a relief to know that they deffo accept transcripts.

Original post by KanyesVest
I am in your exact position at Bradford uni, I spoke to the head of admissions who told me that an official transcript is enough proof as the certificate comes much later.
did you finish it with QED or equivalent? if not then i can see why they don't accept your proof. there's no indication that it's finished.
What’s QED?
Original post by TimeGear
did you finish it with QED or equivalent? if not then i can see why they don't accept your proof. there's no indication that it's finished.
Original post by goodbyemarbles
What’s QED?

end of proof symbol, stands for latin phrase 'quod erat demonstrandum'. or you could put a black/white box. either works.
But anyways... It’s not the not accepting the statement that was the issue it was really the lack of advice on how to proceed.
They are going to accept the statement now anyway once it’s updated from degree to cert of he and I now know there are Infact other options other than giving the certificate. Now I just have to wait for the next thing to go wrong 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
I am also doing Social work at Bradford uni and I went to the results day they did. I asked the head of admissions while I was there, like you I was in my first year of Uni and my offer is dependent
on getting my cert to HE. The admissions person assured me that an official transcript would be sufficient. I hope he was right lol, fingers crossed I see you in September 🤗
When I called the OU to request better proof she said she’d not heard of unis not accepting a transcript. So fingers crossed for us.

I havnt been to anything like that so Iv absolutely no idea what will happen or when I’m supposed to turn up or anything 😱

Just shout Kanyes vest on the first day and I’ll give you a wave 😂😂😂
Original post by KanyesVest
I am also doing Social work at Bradford uni and I went to the results day they did. I asked the head of admissions while I was there, like you I was in my first year of Uni and my offer is dependent
on getting my cert to HE. The admissions person assured me that an official transcript would be sufficient. I hope he was right lol, fingers crossed I see you in September 🤗
When I called the OU to request better proof she said she’d not heard of unis not accepting a transcript. So fingers crossed for us.

I havnt been to anything like that so Iv absolutely no idea what will happen or when I’m supposed to turn up or anything 😱

Just shout Kanyes vest on the first day and I’ll give you a wave 😂😂😂

It was really useful they explained everything about the process etc. We will get a link in August to set up our I'd and get access to the system, apply for parking etc. I think we start on the 16th September, which is introduction week and when we get our ID cards etc. You can actually view a provisional time table online now, which should give some idea of when we are meant to be there. I hope that helps a bit.
Hiya!

Sorry to hear of your troubles... I hope everything is sorted now, but if you do need more help regarding this please let us know! You can DM us your UB number and we will be able to clarify this for you.:h:

Thanks
Nafeesa
But anyways... It’s not the not accepting the statement that was the issue it was really the lack of advice on how to proceed.
They are going to accept the statement now anyway once it’s updated from degree to cert of he and I now know there are Infact other options other than giving the certificate. Now I just have to wait for the next thing to go wrong 😂

Quick Reply

Latest