The Student Room Group

Getting an acceptance letter

I'm trying to apply to a undergraduate course abroad, except they won't recognise a Cambridge technical certificates and only my two btecs, and therefore, they can't let me apply. But, they said if I would be able to get an acceptance letter to an English university it could be used as proof and I would be able to apply. I assume it has to be a similar course (96 UCAS points and cyber security) does anyone know if it's still possible to apply anywhere for the sole purpose of just getting something that says I've been accepted, but obviously not actually confirming it in the end. I get that the application deadline is over, so I'm not sure what to do.
Original post by red3839
I'm trying to apply to a undergraduate course abroad, except they won't recognise a Cambridge technical certificates and only my two btecs, and therefore, they can't let me apply. But, they said if I would be able to get an acceptance letter to an English university it could be used as proof and I would be able to apply. I assume it has to be a similar course (96 UCAS points and cyber security) does anyone know if it's still possible to apply anywhere for the sole purpose of just getting something that says I've been accepted, but obviously not actually confirming it in the end. I get that the application deadline is over, so I'm not sure what to do.

I wouldn’t support applying to universities frivolously as people from the unis commit time & resources to every application.

that said you are in a rock & a hard place, I would use UCAS extra to send off an application and see if you can get an offer before not firming it.

I would simultaneously write an email to UK universities and ask if they consider your qualifications then use there response as evidence if the ucas extra process falls through.
@PQ
@Admit-One
Would a university admissions team provide a response if a UK student asked for proof UK unis accept this qualification?
Original post by mnot
@PQ
@Admit-One
Would a university admissions team provide a response if a UK student asked for proof UK unis accept this qualification?

They could provide confirmation via email that it’s accepted. But presumably that info is publicly available on their website in any case.

If something more official is needed, the student could approach ENIC for a statement of comparability.
Have a look on the exam board website. They may have letters of recognition on there
Reply 5
Original post by red3839
But, they said if I would be able to get an acceptance letter to an English university it could be used as proof and I would be able to apply.

Which Uni is this?
Its a nutcase idea and they have far more reliable ways of judging the worth of your qualifications than this and that should tell you something about the Uni - ie. dont apply there!
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Which Uni is this?
Its a nutcase idea and they have far more reliable ways of judging the worth of your qualifications than this and that should tell you something about the Uni - ie. dont apply there!

Yeah, I totally agree, it's because I asked if there was more or less any other option available. So I can see why they've said this. Thanks for all the replies, I'll try the suggestion of asking the UK universities for proof that they accept it.
Reply 7
Original post by red3839
Yeah, I totally agree, it's because I asked if there was more or less any other option available. So I can see why they've said this. Thanks for all the replies, I'll try the suggestion of asking the UK universities for proof that they accept it.

Just send these idiots links to relevant webpages from other Unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending