The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I started last week, but now I'm worrying that I've not given myself enough time. I don't think the topics themselves are particularly difficult, it's just remembering all the detail that I'm struggling with at the minute. The liver and nutrition chapters aren't going too well :frown:
Reply 2
this is the only exam where i've actually had to revise content as opposed to just doing past papers. soooo many key words...
Reply 3
i really dislike the eye and bones... no idea why.. it just doesnt stick!
ive only looked over notes.. no past papers yet! will nail them in next few days im thinking!
currently recovering from UC and CC today hehe.!
yeah, i will be making a real proper start on mammalian phys tomorrow - now that UC and CC are out of the way!
i dont like the eye either - all these rods and cones and stuff...argh! it was so much simpler at GCSE...:frown:
Reply 5
Oops, now I feel bad lol, haven't started revising for it yet, and won't until Cosmsology is well and settled, its the day before Mam Phys and I find Physics soooo much harder :frown:
Reply 6
Maiden
Oops, now I feel bad lol, haven't started revising for it yet, and won't until Cosmsology is well and settled, its the day before Mam Phys and I find Physics soooo much harder :frown:

for me, its the day after a realy hard physics exam, the afternoon after the hardest maths paper i've ever seen, and the day before two chemistry papers that i need to revise for and haven't started yet, and two days before the second hardest maths paper i've ever seen.

something's got to give :frown:
Reply 7
So anyone wanna revise on here like for UC/CC?

I need to revise bones. Does anyone know what the side processes on the vertebrae are for - each type...the articular, transverse and neural spine. If asked for their function....what is it? And why is the neural spine more curvy downwards for the thoracic vertebrae than the lumbar...?
It should say in the book, really. They only really test us on the book. Have you got the Cambridge OCR book?
Reply 9
Krystal
So anyone wanna revise on here like for UC/CC?

I need to revise bones. Does anyone know what the side processes on the vertebrae are for - each type...the articular, transverse and neural spine. If asked for their function....what is it? And why is the neural spine more curvy downwards for the thoracic vertebrae than the lumbar...?

articular processes are to articulate with other verterbrae next to it. transverse are to connect to ribs for throatic and to connect to large lower back muscles in lumbar.

the neural spine points down for thoratic so that when person bends down the spinal cord is still protected :smile:
I cannot wait for this exam to be over - NO MORE BIOLOGY REVISION!!
Reply 11
Lilly White
I cannot wait for this exam to be over - NO MORE BIOLOGY REVISION!!

Unless retakes...:frown:
Reply 12
blah...
articular processes are to articulate with other verterbrae next to it. transverse are to connect to ribs for throatic and to connect to large lower back muscles in lumbar.

the neural spine points down for thoratic so that when person bends down the spinal cord is still protected :smile:

ah i see....thanks a lot! that cleared up quite a bit...!
shenzys
Unless retakes...:frown:

...This is a retake for me!! I have promised myself I wont be doing it again haha
Reply 15
oooohh ^^^
that helps!
that helps alot!!!
:smile: thankyou!
those notes r gr8, thank u so much
Reply 17
Argh this exam is so hard so much to learn...

I'm beggin muscle contraction comes up, about the only thing I know well :biggrin:
Reply 18
those notes are excellent!!! thank you ever so much!
Reply 19
Notes are fantastic!! They also include a few bits and bobs ive noticed on the exams but arent actually said in the book! Thank you =D

Latest

Trending

Trending