The Student Room Group

Resitting GCSE English Language

Hey guys,
So im getting my GCSE results next thursday and i am terrified about my english result. I ****ed up my Eduqas paper 1 up so badly and im really worried i am not gonna get a grade 4. Do resits matter in the long term e.g. will a univeristy reject me based of this and will i have to meantion it to employers
Original post by cbutler100
Hey guys,
So im getting my GCSE results next thursday and i am terrified about my english result. I ****ed up my Eduqas paper 1 up so badly and im really worried i am not gonna get a grade 4. Do resits matter in the long term e.g. will a univeristy reject me based of this and will i have to meantion it to employers

Resit wont matter except you should really have it by the time you apply to uni. That means do the retake this November. You can then just about wangle it where you make the deadline, but have passed English. Wait and see though.
Reply 2
Original post by cbutler100
Hey guys,

as long as you improve with a better grade, then all should be fine :smile: universities shouldnt reject u based solely on resitting as it negates the purpose of resitting in order to achieve higher grades.

hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest