The Student Room Group

Nottingham vs queen mary (law)

I got into Uni of Nottingham as my second choice but I had a last minute change of heart and called Queen Mary Uni of London and received an offer to study Law there too. I have to decide by 10am tomorrow which one I want to go to so a I would just like to know some opinions please! Which is better for Law like education wise and employability wise (not social life or accommodation or living costs). I care most about employers’ opinions
Original post by HelpMePLS67
I got into Uni of Nottingham as my second choice but I had a last minute change of heart and called Queen Mary Uni of London and received an offer to study Law there too. I have to decide by 10am tomorrow which one I want to go to so a I would just like to know some opinions please! Which is better for Law like education wise and employability wise (not social life or accommodation or living costs). I care most about employers’ opinions

I've moved this to the Law forum as I am hoping more people will be able to see it and advise you :smile:
Both as strong as each other in terms of employer opinion. Go to whichever you prefer socially and all that jazz.
I would say Nottingham, simply because I dont like QMUL location, both are good law schools, but Nottingham is better IMO.

Another factor to consider is cost, London is much more expensive than Nottingham. This is mainly accommodation costs, but if you live in London than obviously its different.
Original post by cw497
I would say Nottingham, simply because I dont like QMUL location, both are good law schools, but Nottingham is better IMO.

Another factor to consider is cost, London is much more expensive than Nottingham. This is mainly accommodation costs, but if you live in London than obviously its different.

What makes you say Notts is a better law school, besides the location?
Original post by Notoriety
What makes you say Notts is a better law school, besides the location?

Notts has a higher percentage of total trainees at national firms. But there is not much in it.
Original post by cw497
Notts has a higher percentage of total trainees at national firms. But there is not much in it.

Sourcey source.
Sourcey source.

Chamber Student do a list of law firms preferred unis, Notts is higher in terms of national trainees.

Op was asking about career prospects. Your right teaching, student experience and many other things make a law school good or bad.
Original post by cw497
Chamber Student do a list of law firms preferred unis, Notts is higher in terms of national trainees.

Op was asking about career prospects. Your right teaching, student experience and many other things make a law school good or bad.

Oh no you didn't!
I'd personally go for Nottingham because their campus looks lovely and I feel that Notts has a rather prominent international brand (could be the same for the London one as well). And, London would have been impossible for me financially.

That said, I remember reading somewhere that Law students for Notts barely ever get a 1st. I don't know if what I'm saying is complete bull but it did sound rather interesting to me. Regardless I'd go with Notts and get a 2:1. :rambo:
I wasn't referring to a stereotype. I remember reading an article or something with statistics showing how compared to most other Law departments within the UK, Notts gives out the fewest number of 1sts.

I may be confusing Notts with some other university and if so, my apologies! Don't mean to spread misinformation or dissuade anyone from going to Notts. I'd personally love to go there myself! :rambo:
(edited 4 years ago)
First I'd seen it! Been wrong me whole time on this law forum.
First I'd seen it! Been wrong me whole time on this law forum.

This is what harry must feel like all the time :frown:

Haha. Ha.

Imagine if a place at Nottingham suddenly became available now? It would be pounced on quicker than a baby gazelle at a watering hole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending