The Student Room Group

Speed camera or car headlight

So I was driving home last at night and I had just gone by a speed camera in a 40 zone doing about 35 after passing the speed camera there was a very bright light all around that make me think I had been caught by the speed camera even through I New I was doing under the speed limit this made me think could it have been the headlights from the car behind be as it was very close to the back of my car . This has really got me worried as I don’t want a speeding ticket or the points. I know I was doing under the speed limit but I don’t know what else would explain the light.
Original post by Katharenee
So I was driving home last at night and I had just gone by a speed camera in a 40 zone doing about 35 after passing the speed camera there was a very bright light all around that make me think I had been caught by the speed camera even through I New I was doing under the speed limit this made me think could it have been the headlights from the car behind be as it was very close to the back of my car . This has really got me worried as I don’t want a speeding ticket or the points. I know I was doing under the speed limit but I don’t know what else would explain the light.

If you were only doing 35 then you are ok. I used to walk past a speed camera on my way to work. It always flashed twice when it caught someone.
Reply 2
Thank you just got my so worried I keep replaying in it my mind as I can’t work out what the light was and I’m now overthinking on what speed I was doing
It most likely was the car behind you. I have been driving before and thought the car behind has been flashing me but they weren't. It was probably because of a bump in the road which made it look like you got flashed. The other thing it could have been the camera as they sometimes do have a tendancy to flash when you are under the speed limit which I think it is just for testing reasons.

I wouldn't worry as long as you are sure you were going less than 40 you won't get anything
Reply 4
Original post by scorpion95
It most likely was the car behind you. I have been driving before and thought the car behind has been flashing me but they weren't. It was probably because of a bump in the road which made it look like you got flashed. The other thing it could have been the camera as they sometimes do have a tendancy to flash when you are under the speed limit which I think it is just for testing reasons.

I wouldn't worry as long as you are sure you were going less than 40 you won't get anything

Thank you I just throw me I haven’t been driving that long and the first thing I through was omg I’ve been flashed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending