The Student Room Group

Speed Camera Van

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice please as I’m worrying sick. Today there was an unexpected police speed camera van. I honestly didn’t notice it until quite late as I had a big lorry obstructing my view for the most part. I assumed I was doing about 30. Maybe slightly over. When I looked at my dash cam it says the speed I was doing was 34 and then I slowed down to about 31-32. I just didn’t see the speed camera van at all. I’m worried I’ve got done for doing 34. I’m a new driver and I don’t want to get points on my license. I’ve only been driving for almost a year. A year end of this month. It makes me not want to drive I get so worried with this.

I’m basically asking. Has anybody here got done doing a 34 in a 30? I know of the 10% +2 rule but I don’t know how true that I actually is. I’m worried sick. The thought of waiting for two weeks is already torture and it hasn’t even be a few hours yet. It honestly just makes me want to give up driving. I don’t want to lose my license like this. I’m so stressed.

Any bit of advice is appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply 1
Car speedos are sometimes calibrated slightly high so you might be ok. Just got to sit out for 14 days unfortunately.
Reply 2
Have a look on the police website for where you live. They usually publish their rules. Lincolnshire police state the 10% + 2mph as their rules for prosecuting. Additionally, if you are only just over you would normally be offered a speed awareness course rather than points (up to 42mph in a 30mph zone) for a first offence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending