The Student Room Group

Can I do Medicine at Cambridge/Imperial/UCL with these GCSEs?

I'd really appreciate any advice for this question, thanks.
Maths: 9
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
History: 9
Physics: 8
French: 8
Geography: 8
English language: A
English Literature: A
Media Studies: 7
Yes
Original post by Incarcarus
Yes

phew!
Original post by Bjorn Bergensson

No its normally expected that applicants will have 23 grade 9's/A* minimum. Anything less and the application will be immediately thrown out.
Original post by Bjorn Bergensson

Original post by Incarcarus
Yes

Yes, most universities require grade 4/5 or higher in maths and English in order to meet the entry requirements. Obviously, your university choices are a lot more high-standard than normal universities but, with your grades, you should easily pass on the GCSE front.
Original post by mnot
No its normally expected that applicants will have 23 grade 9's/A* minimum. Anything less and the application will be immediately thrown out.

ha ha yeah my question looks quite silly now I look back at it...
okay sorry about that.
the link you provided was very useful, thank you
Original post by Yiling_Patriarch
Yes, most universities require grade 4/5 or higher in maths and English in order to meet the entry requirements. Obviously, your university choices are a lot more high-standard than normal universities but, with your grades, you should easily pass on the GCSE front.

awesome, thank you.
1 hoop jumped through then!
Reply 8
Original post by Yiling_Patriarch

No. Most med schools require a 6 in maths and Eng Lang. How have you decided these choices are "more high-standard" than others?
UCL and Imperial just require a 6 in these subjects and a 5 in a language for UCL. Cambridge have no particular GCSE requirements
Alternatively, Nottingham, UEA, Lancaster, Liverpool, Southampton and Lincoln require 6 x 7+, Keele, Sunderland, Sheffield, and St Andrews want 5 x7+.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending