The Student Room Group

Access to Medicine

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how many universities accept access to Medicine course in order to get into Medicine.
Thanks
Original post by Salwa Khalil
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how many universities accept access to Medicine course in order to get into Medicine.
Thanks

No idea . You will have to go through the list and read the entrance requirements. I think very few if any for direct entry.
Access to medicine courses tend to have an ongoing relationship with their local NHS trust.
A levels is still by far the most flexible and popular point of entry.

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf
Original post by 999tigger
No idea . You will have to go through the list and read the entrance requirements. I think very few if any for direct entry.
Access to medicine courses tend to have an ongoing relationship with their local NHS trust.
A levels is still by far the most flexible and popular point of entry.

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

Yes probably that is the only way to do so, anyway thanks for your reply.
Yes probably that is the only way to do so, anyway thanks for your reply.

Access to medicine is a relatively new course.
In general med schools have always preferred A level v BTEC because they feel A level offers a more demanding test of someones abilities.
I think people making it direct to medicine are small in numbers compared to A levels. You might be able to get onto a bio med course with such a degree.
The other way is just to ask the access course you are contemplating how many of their students gained a direct medical place and the unis you are interested in what % of access students who apply are offered places.
I dont think there is one reliable place this information is ready as its pretty niche.
Hi guys,
Thanks

Hi. first of all there are a few colleges that offer Access to Medicine and then some medical schools will accept the Access to Medicine course from a specific college. Best way forward is to ring the medical schools you want to apply to and ask if they will accept the access to medicine course you plan to go into.
Original post by Vibration
Hi. first of all there are a few colleges that offer Access to Medicine and then some medical schools will accept the Access to Medicine course from a specific college. Best way forward is to ring the medical schools you want to apply to and ask if they will accept the access to medicine course you plan to go into.

Hi
There is 3 universities that I'm applying to that they accept the course but they are all in Scotland. I want to apply to one in England as well but I don't if there is one.
Thanks for the reply.
Hi
There is 3 universities that I'm applying to that they accept the course but they are all in Scotland. I want to apply to one in England as well but I don't if there is one.
Thanks for the reply.

There are many medical schools that accept Access to Medicine in England.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending