The Student Room Group

Going from nursing to medicine

Original post by username5941634
I think you’re right to be honest. A doctor I work with said I should drop out of nursing before it’s too late and pursue medicine. I think perhaps I should. I do enjoy nursing a great deal but even during my classes and placements I’m always thinking how I wished I was doing medicine instead.

hi! i’m a first year nursing student following the same train of though. Just wondering how you were doing with this?
Original post by elizalee
hi! i’m a first year nursing student following the same train of though. Just wondering how you were doing with this?

Hi
Same here
Reply 2
Original post by elizalee

Hey
Same here :smile:
I'd definitely look at the access to medicine route, A levels can be really expensive and its tricky in terms of getting the practicals done and paying for the exams.. I'm doing an access to medicine course and it seems a better route if you don't have the required science A levels already. We have a nurse of our access to medicine course, so its definitely worth a look into access courses
Reply 4
daughter is on the access to medicine at aberdeen its a joint college and uni course. i would think very carefully about only doing nursing to use it to access medicine. its a long route

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending