The Student Room Group

A levels

Ok so I already picked my A levels but I’m not sure if I want to do them anymore my Sixth form told me I could change within the first week right now I’m doing Sociology and Performing arts I need a third option. I was thinking about A level English language but is that hard? I did it at GCSE and I got a grade 6 so would I be suitable for a levels . I don’t really like any of the sciences but what if I took a Btec alongside my a levels by doing applied science do you think that would be a good option. I don’t want to do anything hard because I’m not that clever.
Original post by LisaLiz
Ok so I already picked my A levels but I’m not sure if I want to do them anymore my Sixth form told me I could change within the first week right now I’m doing Sociology and Performing arts I need a third option. I was thinking about A level English language but is that hard? I did it at GCSE and I got a grade 6 so would I be suitable for a levels . I don’t really like any of the sciences but what if I took a Btec alongside my a levels by doing applied science do you think that would be a good option. I don’t want to do anything hard because I’m not that clever.

Depends on what you want to do after?
School is about revision and putting the work it, very few people don’t do that and do well, so you shouldn’t choose subjects based on difficulty but if you’ll enjoy them- if you like them you’ll be motivated to do well :smile:
gcse grades don't determine how you do at a level- if you like the subject and are willing to work hard then go for it:yep:
i've heard english language is actually quite difficult at a level due to how technical it can be but you may like that sort of stuff. maybe if you're really unsure take 4 subjects at first so you can see which one you like the best and easily drop one.

Quick Reply

Latest