The Student Room Group

Retaking AS after failing linear A-levels (I only want to apply to Canadian unis)

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has information on this (and English is my second language and my situation would be a bit difficult to explain but I'll try my best). So I took linear A-level exams in May/June 2019 and I didn't do good at all. I have checked with Canadian (BC province) unis and I know that they will accept 4 AS results but I'm not sure if they would accept a candidate who took linear A-levels and failed and then took AS exams (I'm planning to take the exams next month with CIE exam board that still offers modular exams)...so does anybody know that is there any problem with this?... Also, I have checked with my centre where I will sit the exams as a private candidate and they told me since my previous board was Edexcel and the current one is CIE, they won't need to register me as a retake candidate so I have many doubts that when I got my AS results do I need to tell the unis that I have redone the exams or it's not considered as a retake as I have never taken any official AS exams?

Thank you in advance for any information and help
Reply 1
The only advice I can give is to check the entry requirements of the unis you want to apply to and see their policy on resits. If they don't provide enough information on their website, then contact them directly through email and explain your situation fully.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest