The Student Room Group

ncs regional youth board

has anyone done it recently? how does it work? ty

just realised I put regional instead of local smh
I mean local youth board
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey, I’ve been involved with the local, regional and national youth boards for just over 2 years now.

Basically, you and other people from the local youth board work together as a team to create a social action project that focuses on a huge issue in your local area. You also get to contribute to the programme by feeding in some feedback about some of the activities you’ve done with NCS.

You also get to get involved in some local opportunities around you which can be incredible.
Hope this helps!
Original post by PassionPoint
Hey, I’ve been involved with the local, regional and national youth boards for just over 2 years now.

Basically, you and other people from the local youth board work together as a team to create a social action project that focuses on a huge issue in your local area. You also get to contribute to the programme by feeding in some feedback about some of the activities you’ve done with NCS.

You also get to get involved in some local opportunities around you which can be incredible.
Hope this helps!

thank you! does it take up a lot of time? how regularly are meetings for example?
It wasn’t too much of a commitment compared to the regional and national youth boards. For me, it has been a 1 hour meeting every month pretty much while regional and national was an entire day or so at specified dates.

If you’re at college at the moment, the local youth board can count as your volunteering time which will be important for when you go and apply for university.
Original post by PassionPoint
It wasn’t too much of a commitment compared to the regional and national youth boards. For me, it has been a 1 hour meeting every month pretty much while regional and national was an entire day or so at specified dates.

If you’re at college at the moment, the local youth board can count as your volunteering time which will be important for when you go and apply for university.

Ty! Xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending