The Student Room Group

law at oxford?

Hi, i'm not sure whether it'd actually be worth even thinking about law at oxford. Due to getting kicked out by my parents/ raped/ very bad mental health, i only ended up getting an 8, 3 7's, 5 6's and a 5 in my GCSEs. I've just started year 12, and am taking Maths, History and Politics, with the aim to self study economics and further maths.

Is there any chance at all that i could get into oxford with these grades?

Thanks !
Original post by 14jessoppa
Hi, i'm not sure whether it'd actually be worth even thinking about law at oxford. Due to getting kicked out by my parents/ raped/ very bad mental health, i only ended up getting an 8, 3 7's, 5 6's and a 5 in my GCSEs. I've just started year 12, and am taking Maths, History and Politics, with the aim to self study economics and further maths.

Thanks !

Please see this FOI request, with the reply from Oxford university. This is for law. Go to the attachment and click data.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admissions_statistics_for_law_m1_2

Why do you particularly want to go to Oxford for law? Oxford is not the best if you are suffering mental health issues, as it can be pretty stressful.
Reply 2
Original post by Oxford Mum
Please see this FOI request, with the reply from Oxford university. This is for law. Go to the attachment and click data.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admissions_statistics_for_law_m1_2

Why do you particularly want to go to Oxford for law? Oxford is not the best if you are suffering mental health issues, as it can be pretty stressful.

I had mental health problems due to an awful relationship with both my boyfriend and my parents. As i don't have contact with any of them any more, my mental health is getting better every day, and i'm more able to concentrate on A levels (:

And I've always wanted to go to Oxford, just to prove everyone wrong and show that I can make life better for myself.

Thanks for the WDTK, i'll take a look at it (:
I had mental health problems due to an awful relationship with both my boyfriend and my parents. As i don't have contact with any of them any more, my mental health is getting better every day, and i'm more able to concentrate on A levels (:

And I've always wanted to go to Oxford, just to prove everyone wrong and show that I can make life better for myself.

Thanks for the WDTK, i'll take a look at it (:

Oxford isn't there to prove everybody wrong, you can do that by studying law at any university. It really comes down to how interested you are in law, and how determined you are to pursue the subject. However, unfortunately, it also comes down to grades as well. The average applicant applies with 5.2 A* at GCSE, but successful applicants average 8 or 9 A*s.

Thanks !

You've just started Year 12.....please don't get fixated on only one uni at this early stage, particularly one as competitive as Oxford. You should book a variety of Open Days with an open mind and let yourself find the uni that is right for you.
Prsom harrys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending