The Student Room Group

Any advice on my Plan B??

So this year is my final year of my a levels meaning that this year (soon) I will be applying to universities to study law.I am not yet 100% on which unis to choose but I have few in mind:biggrin:urham, Bristol, KCL,LSE,UCL,Newcastle, Nottingham, Leeds. However I do not have a Plan B which many people like my friends, family and even teachers think it’s necessary to have one and I do understand because I do not want to be in the bad position if something happens however the thing is that I definitely do not want to do apprenticeship. I do enjoy law and I do really want to study in the uni and I will work hard for it but you never know how life will go so I do need to have plan B but idk what kind. I want to definitely study in university and subjects that I also enjoy is history, something to do with international relations, politics and business (but I am not that good in maths,haven’t taken it as a level and I have 4 in gcse maths).I would like,for my plan b, to also have a meaningful future so for example if I would come to study history as my plan b it wouldn’t be to then become a teacher. A degree that will have a good job prospect
If I said Political Science, how would you feel? :redface:

Literally in the same situation as you, except I'm in Year 12. Law's the dream but we've got to have a backup. Might be worth having a look at what you can do with your subjects, or go to uni open days to get some questions answered.

Also check if these backup courses are offered by the unis you're applying to. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest