The Student Room Group

Advice on what uni to apply to

Hellooo,

I'm applying to university this year (hopefully pretty soon). I wanted some advice on where to apply.

I'm a Scottish student and I've just received my Higher grades which consists of 4 A's and a B. I achieved all A's in National 5's and since last year, I've been thinking about applying to London. Howeverrr, I'm worried that the B might ruin my chances of getting into uni in London (top uni's btw). Should I take the risk?

For most of them, I'll need 3 A's at Advanced Highers which I plan on getting but obviously, they base offers on predicted grades/grades you already have.

Any response would be appreciated - thanksss!
Reply 1
if you meeting the standard offer based on your predictions, it's worth your while applying
Original post by engineering06
Hellooo,

I'm applying to university this year (hopefully pretty soon). I wanted some advice on where to apply.

I'm a Scottish student and I've just received my Higher grades which consists of 4 A's and a B. I achieved all A's in National 5's and since last year, I've been thinking about applying to London. Howeverrr, I'm worried that the B might ruin my chances of getting into uni in London (top uni's btw). Should I take the risk?

For most of them, I'll need 3 A's at Advanced Highers which I plan on getting but obviously, they base offers on predicted grades/grades you already have.

It's worth a try, if you think you can get the required grades! Obviously usual advice of applying to unis with a range of entry requirements, including some below the grades you expect to get, applies.
Hellooo,

UCL, Kings, Imperial and LSE are some of the most competitive unis to get in to. Include some less competitive choices outside London too.
Original post by normaw
UCL, Kings, Imperial and LSE are some of the most competitive unis to get in to. Include some less competitive choices outside London too.

Yeah I've done that. I've got about 3 unis in London with different entry requirements (I've already met 2 uni's requirements to get an offer (hopefully)). I've also put some unis outside of London but of course, I would love to go to London as it's pretty much my dream.

Thank youuu!
Thanks so much for the advice. I've pretty much done this but, like most people, I'm scared and nervous about applying to uni.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
It's worth a try, if you think you can get the required grades! Obviously usual advice of applying to unis with a range of entry requirements, including some below the grades you expect to get, applies.
Yeah for sure, thanks! :smile:
Original post by HoldThisL
if you meeting the standard offer based on your predictions, it's worth your while applying
Hellooo,

Hello,

Congratulations on the results!

I wouldn't describe it as a risk. If you don't try, you'll never know :smile: Your chances can't be harmed by trying.

Best of luck!

Scarlett
Thanks Scarlett! I really appreciate the advice :smile:.
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hello,

Congratulations on the results!

I wouldn't describe it as a risk. If you don't try, you'll never know :smile: Your chances can't be harmed by trying.

Best of luck!

Scarlett

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending