The Student Room Group

Is it better to be honest and poor or dishonest and rich?

And following question:
If you won the lottery what would you spend the money on?

Scroll to see replies

Honest and poor. Honesty is beyond rubies. My ex husband was comfortably off but dishonest, and it did him no favours at all.

If I won the lottery, I would probably get houses/flats for both my children, and live somewhere else myself.

If I had money to spare, I would sponsor a place or two for target Oxbridge candidates.

https://targetoxbridge.co.uk/
Honest and poor.

Dunno, something meaningful I would hope
Depends how poor lmao
If I won the lottery I’d defo buy a house first.
Honest and poor sounds just as bad for one's mental health as being rich and dishonest, so in terms of mental health they are just as bad as each other.

If I won the Lottery, I would invest in a machine that generates green energy and give it to the town I live in.
Depends on how rich/poor.

If I had the opportunity to win big in the lottery (hundreds of millions for example) then lol of course I'd sacrifice my honesty, and I think most people who say they wouldn't are deluding themselves.

And same as if it was extreme poverty to the point of struggling to get through the week; I'd rather be dishonest than suffer through that.

But if by rich/poor you mean a little below/above the average income then probably keep my honesty since it'd be more useful in life than the bit of extra money
Reply 6
dishonest and rich, naturally
dishonest and rich any day lol
Reply 8
Not even going to try and take the moral high ground on this one, i'll be rich and dishonest any day.
Is it better to be dishonest and rich?

You betcha.
reesey.jpg
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Is it better to be dishonest and rich?

You betcha.
reesey.jpg

:rofl:
top comment
(edited 4 years ago)
honest and poor since we all die one day and we aren't alive just for bants
ideal world, honest and poor, but would be rich and dishonest
Original post by XOR_
:rofl:
top comment

good pic to capture the idea
dishonest and rich beacause i lie all the time anyway

by the way... you are all awesome people...
Original post by mathspaperfree
honest and poor since we all die one day and we aren't alive just for bants

I think you'll find we are.

I say dishonest and rich. Integrity means nothing anymore, it's an old fashioned word like sixpence or courting.
The commies would argue you can't be honest and rich. :tongue:
Depends what dishonest and rich entails.
Am I a drugs smuggler or people trafficker?
Am I at serious risk of jail or worse?

Depends how poor?
It’s not straightforward, I agree. Someone wealthy may have had a great idea, with the drive to see it through. Others may be ruthless and corrupt, trampling others in their race for wealth
Honest and poor, my life will be so much more comfortable not having to keep up with lies and having a clean conscience.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest