The Student Room Group

Labour has voted to get rid of private schools

Seriously, wtf?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They say labour is for the working class citizens and I suppose this fits that category. But I think this is extreme. Public schools are a part of British history and culture, look at the likes of Wellington College, Harrow or Stowe. Some silly old fool can’t erase pieces of British culture and history. He’s worse than Trump. Social class will always exist, especially in the U.K. If parents want to invest in their children’s futures then they should be rightfully allowed to do so.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Deggs_14
They say labour is for the working class citizens and I suppose this fits that category. But I think this is extreme. Public schools are a part of British history and culture, look at the likes of Wellington College, Harrow or Stowe. Some silly old man can’t erase pieces of British culture and history. He’s worse than Trump. Social class will always exist, especially in the U.K. If parents want to invest in their children’s futures then they should be rightfully allowed to do so.

Exactly. There are parents who work so hard to make sure their kids go to good schools. In many cases it’s not even about privilege, it’s about priorities and hard work. Parents make huge sacrifices to get their kids into some of these schools.

Also, having the private school system helps raise standards all round, even for state schools.

I’m never voting labour again.
Reply 3
Original post by Fruli
Exactly. There are parents who work so hard to make sure their kids go to good schools. In many cases it’s not even about privilege, it’s about priorities and hard work. Parents make huge sacrifices to get their kids into some of these schools.

Also, having the private school system helps raise standards all round, even for state schools.

I’m never voting labour again.

Me neither. I find it quite hard to believe that I would have once wanted to when they pledged to make the patron saint days a national holiday. It’s a shame that in the U.K. no one really cares about them, there are no national events or anything like that. In France on Bastille Day there are huge celebrations, and Americans care more about St Patrick’s day than the Irish do!
Corbyn & his commie pals would ruin this country; we would end up worse than Albania.
Original post by Fruli
Seriously, wtf?

They also promised to abandon ofsted and legalise all drugs including heroine and cannabis to decriminalise the working classes. Sadiq Khan is literally the only sensible one there who wants to get things done
(edited 4 years ago)
Corbyn went too far when he said borscht and sauertkraut should replace fish and chips on state school dinner menus :mob:
A fair enough policy would have been to reduce the tax breaks private schools receive. This is just pure idiocy thought up by someone with Neely for brains
Original post by harrysbar
Corbyn went too far when he said borscht and sauertkraut should replace fish and chips on state school dinner menus :mob:

but free vodka for primary school kids.... it's swings & roundabouts innit

:h:
Reply 9
The more destructive police is abolishing Ofsted
Original post by Nununu
The more destructive police is abolishing Ofsted

It’s ridiculous
Original post by the bear
but free vodka for primary school kids.... it's swings & roundabouts innit

:h:

If they're lucky the little ones get to share a pig's head for lunch. If they're unlucky they get one each
What about the ones they send their own kids too?? 🙄😂
Original post by harrysbar
If they're lucky the little ones get to share a pig's head for lunch. If they're unlucky they get one each

School assemblies with compulsory worship will be replaced with marching round the playground whilst singing the Red Flag. at the end they have to kiss the feet of the Diane Abbot statue which will be installed in the foyer of every school.
At this point he's not working for the working class, he's just working against the upper class. It doesn't achieve anything good for either end
(edited 4 years ago)
Private schools don't even perform that much better than state schools
Original post by Deggs_14
They say labour is for the working class citizens and I suppose this fits that category. But I think this is extreme. Public schools are a part of British history and culture, look at the likes of Wellington College, Harrow or Stowe. Some silly old fool can’t erase pieces of British culture and history. He’s worse than Trump. Social class will always exist, especially in the U.K. If parents want to invest in their children’s futures then they should be rightfully allowed to do so.

Who the hell cares about history? Might as well bring back the slave trade
I laughed when I read it. Simply unelectable.
I was most impressed by their claim they were going to seize private property.
They dont know just how much they scare anyone else except the far left.

Al;so scrapping oftsed which inspects schools to replace it with another organisation that inspects schools. Go figure.
Reply 18
Is this a joke or something. Must be total BS as most politicians including Labour send their kids to private schools. Corbyn went to a private school too.
Reply 19
Original post by nutz99
Is this a joke or something. Must be total BS as most politicians including Labour send their kids to private schools. Corbyn went to a private school too.

Then he went to London Met and became a roadman obvs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending