The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hehe, awww thnx!!!!! :smile: I don't get spots any moer at all. I used to when I was 13/14 but they've stopped now! :smile:
Reply 2
hehe, awww thnx!!!!! :smile: I don't get spots any more at all. I used to when I was 13/14 but they've stopped now! :smile:
i just found that out too, tee tree oil foaming face wash from the body shop is great! x
Reply 4
Oh dear. Apologies for the duplicate post!!!!!:smile:
Reply 5
Yeah tea tree oils amazing for spots...i had this roll on stick thing ages ago and it cleared spots over night. :biggrin:

Was really expensive though.
Reply 6
sloaney87
ive just discovered that 'tea tree oil' foam, and the day/night creams, i got from superdrug (hard to find one of these-in london there's one on oxford street) are soooooooo good for ure spots and ure skin...much better than clearesil/neautragena etc.

Just thought id share that with you..in case anyone is having spot problems.

Is it any good for blackheads? I get those on my forehead and sometimes my nose :frown:
Reply 7
Hmm i dont usually get many blackheads so i cant tell...

if you lie down in a sauna or steam room, black head pores usually open up. I know that the 'oxo' i think thats what its called, is terrible tho
Reply 8
toothpaste is good too, and sudorem - it's antibacterial and calms down any redness, but it does dry your skin out, so you need a good moisteriser too.

Tea Tree Oil brings me out in a rash :frown:
Reply 9
pixiepeep
toothpaste is good too, and sudorem - it's antibacterial and calms down any redness, but it does dry your skin out, so you need a good moisteriser too.

Tea Tree Oil brings me out in a rash :frown:

I heard toothpaste is also good for nookies. Apparently makes them disappear faster. :tongue:
pixiepeep

(

lol toothpaste is just a myth. It has no effect on your skin at all, except making it sticky.

The best way to help get get rid of spots is to wash your face with hot water (not soap) but an exfoliator in the morning and at night.
You need to let your skin breath. But i also find that if you get a mud mask and dab a little bit on a spot before you go to bed, it helps alot.
Reply 11
Yeah, Tea Tree Oil doesn't work for me at all.. it makes my skin itch

This Garnier Pure anti-blemish stuff that comes in a little tube works well for me. And those Witch roll on sticks.
Reply 12
I get cream from my doctor - has the added bonus of being free! I find lots of them made my skin really dry, and toothpaste never worked for me...
Reply 13
sloaney87
ive just discovered that 'tea tree oil' foam, and the day/night creams, i got from superdrug (hard to find one of these-in london there's one on oxford street) are soooooooo good for ure spots and ure skin...much better than clearesil/neautragena etc.

Just thought id share that with you..in case anyone is having spot problems.

doesn't it make ure skin tight :confused: it does with me
Reply 14
boots alternative acne relief tablets works as well as hri complexion tablets. it is better to use something which acts against spots internally.
Reply 15
The best thing is to go to the doctor. He gave me tablets and they worked for a while, but then they only work for a certain period. So im going to see a dermatologist on wednesday and i'll be put on other tablets. Hopefully onto roaccutane which is the most powerful and effective one (but has a long list of side effects but I still think its a risk worth taking) but my spots probably aren't bad enough because you need them to be large ones but mine are just small ones but i am starting to get bigger ones on my chin :frown:
Reply 16
The best treatment for acne is Roacutain.
Must get some of that tea tree stuff! Had 3 big spots for a week now, not nice. They usually go away after 2/3 days. Grr.
Reply 18
My mum, said that suff is also good for other functions. WTF is with my punctuation?!
Reply 19
enigmatic
The best thing is to go to the doctor. He gave me tablets and they worked for a while, but then they only work for a certain period. So im going to see a dermatologist on wednesday and i'll be put on other tablets. Hopefully onto roaccutane which is the most powerful and effective one (but has a long list of side effects but I still think its a risk worth taking) but my spots probably aren't bad enough because you need them to be large ones but mine are just small ones but i am starting to get bigger ones on my chin :frown:

Funnily enough, I am seeing a drematologist on Wednesday as well. I'm on roaccutane and you have to have regular checks to prevent liver damage and stuff like that... but it works!!

Latest

Trending

Trending