The Student Room Group

Cambridge PGCE 2020

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I got an interview for the last week of Feb... I'm nervous about the maths test. could someone maybe give me examples or practice papers to look over in preparation? I just don't want it to hold back my confidence.
Reply 21
Original post by kizzybee
Hi, I got an interview for the last week of Feb... I'm nervous about the maths test. could someone maybe give me examples or practice papers to look over in preparation? I just don't want it to hold back my confidence.

They should have emailed you a sample paper? You really shouldn’t worry about the maths bit as it actually doesn’t impact the outcome (it’s only to gage your level of maths but it doesn’t actually influence their decision to take you on or not). The main bits they look at are your ability to write at a Masters level (during the written task), your ability to communicate (presentation) and your passion for education (throughout).

Your maths paper will be 5 statements to which you have - three choices: ‘always true’ ‘sometimes true’ ‘never true’. After you tick your answer you have to explain your thought process. E.g. 2+2 is the same as 2x2 - always true - when you multiply you’re essentially adding “groups” so 2 groups of 2 is the same as 2 plus 2 which both give you 4. [I didn’t get this question, but I did get something similar... although my memory isn’t brilliant so you’re better off looking at the sample paper they’ve given you].

Good luck!!
(edited 4 years ago)
I've been accepted for PGCE secondary science with chemistry at Homerton. Am on TSR looking to some find people to live with as I would prefer to live with other trainees. I’m a young guy, just about to graduate, sociable, good cook, PM me if you want to chat more or if there’s a proper forum just for this sort of thing.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’ve been accepted for Early Years Primary at Fitzwilliam (recently found out my college)Completely over the moon, just applied for college accommodation but not sure if I want accommodation or not (potentially will be commuting instead)
Has anyone else accepted an offer for a Secondary PGCE?
Hi I accepted mine a few months ago, which subject are you doing it with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending