The Student Room Group

A level biology revision advice.

I’m doing A Level Biology and am 5 weeks into the course. I am overwhelmed with the large amounts of content to learn. I tried to make flashcards as I went along however, I don’t know how to make good notes. I tried quizlet but I didn’t feel like it worked for me. Should I just condense the information into an A6 flashcards. My exam board is OCR. I’m struggling to work out with information is waffle and which I need for the exams. I want to get an A/A* grade. What do you suggest I do.
Original post by AHB54321
I’m doing A Level Biology and am 5 weeks into the course. I am overwhelmed with the large amounts of content to learn. I tried to make flashcards as I went along however, I don’t know how to make good notes. I tried quizlet but I didn’t feel like it worked for me. Should I just condense the information into an A6 flashcards. My exam board is OCR. I’m struggling to work out with information is waffle and which I need for the exams. I want to get an A/A* grade. What do you suggest I do.

I think flashcards for key terms is a good way forwards, but don't try to do flashcards for everything. If you're not sure about what will be on the exams, then look at the spec for your exam board/paper.

Notetaking is a skill, and your sixth form should be supporting you with this. The cornell method can work well for people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornell_Notes

I'd also encourage you to go and speak to your teachers for support- they will be able to give you advice and will know you better than us!
Original post by AHB54321

this is what im a going to do to get A* in bio
.Learn the content off the cgp revision guide
. Understand it of course, and do exam questions to see if i know it
. I will also, from time to time, teach others concepts to cement it in my head.
. And i will make flashcards on "describe" questions, things that are just memory based, which is about 1/3 of the marks in the exam. no application needed
. Do past papers near exam time
and voila
ez A*

Quick Reply

Latest