The Student Room Group

Worried about choosing sixth form

As I am doing my GCSE's this year I am starting to think about going to sixth forms. I have decided I want to go on to do a history degree therefore will be choosing that as an a-level. However I am struggling to decide what to do with the rest of my options as well as which school to go to. Along with history I would also like to do English language. I could either stay at my current school which would be easier as I would know the people/teachers and the building and it is also close enough to my house that I can walk. Where as my other option will be completely new and I will also have to travel by bus etc. This terrifies me as I have anxiety and struggle with public transport and also new places and people. However if I went to this other school I would have the option of choosing to also do performing arts or textiles. If I stayed at this current school I wouldn't have those options however I could do politics.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about choosing sixth form and also about what an a-level in politics would be like.
Reply 1
Hi there, Woah History, A very good choice tbh. My girlfriend wants to study history for her uni degree and she is doing Econ, PRE and History. so something close together and can be related to the society will be fine.
Tbh, I would say go out there, dont get scared of trying a new school. Stepping out of your comfort zone will get you ready for a levels and uni life.
If you have any questions about year 13 and a levels let me know.
I am studying maths, physics and computer science :P

Quick Reply

Latest