The Student Room Group

Physics Offers 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabrinawwwww
Hi I have offers for physics from Imperial (A*A*A), Durham (A*A*A), St Andrews (AAA) and UCL(AAA), can’t decide which ones to choose for firm and insurance, any suggestions?? ANY help is very much appreciated thanks

Hi maybe start with London or non London. Pick maybe through that.
So if yes for London, imperial firm and ucl insurance otherwise the other two.
That’s probably not a great way to do it tbh so if you haven’t done already look at all the courses and see if there are elements you prefer.
Finally think about location and accommodation
Congrats!
Are you Home/Scottish, EU or Non EU applicant?
UCL And Imperial are great EU! St Andrews good in Scotland. I’d choose imperial or UCL.
Original post by PL1234
Hi maybe start with London or non London. Pick maybe through that.
So if yes for London, imperial firm and ucl insurance otherwise the other two.
That’s probably not a great way to do it tbh so if you haven’t done already look at all the courses and see if there are elements you prefer.
Finally think about location and accommodation

Hi, we’re on the physics thread so I assume you are also an applicant? I genuinely think there is minimal difference in the courses taught as there are rules of the basics the unit have to teach for physics, so that doesn’t help. I am leaning towards the non-london ones simply because they are prettier but I guess I can cope with living in london too. Also I am from China and my parents want me to choose the london ones because they have much better global reputation...
If you are an applicant which unit did you choose and why?
Original post by Bo Trotter
Congrats!
Are you Home/Scottish, EU or Non EU applicant?
UCL And Imperial are great EU! St Andrews good in Scotland. I’d choose imperial or UCL.

Thanks! I’m non EU (from China!) Thanks for your suggestion, can you please elaborate a bit more on why you would personally choose these?
Original post by Sabrinawwwww
Thanks! I’m non EU (from China!) Thanks for your suggestion, can you please elaborate a bit more on why you would personally choose these?

Reputation! I visited both. I like much UCL than Imperial. The second one is more focused on research. UCL is wonderful. Please know that I am a parent of applicant 😊 so my point of view is different 😊
Original post by Steve Zissou
a level predicted grades: a*aa (physics,maths,biology)
GCSEs: a*a*aaaaabb
extracurricular: head boy, head librarian in school, lead role in school play, work experience in Senegal Africa, physics student ambassador, chair of school council, captain of rugby team, gold dofe, Chor, chamber choir and chair of school magazine committee.

applied:
St Andrews: physics (Bsc) no responce

Exeter: physics (bsc) had interview waiting for response

York: physics (Bsc) AAB

Queen's Belfast: physics (mphys) AAA

Heriot Watt: physics (mphys) unconditional

first choice is st Andrews but they have considered me as European even though I applied as UK and I am UK, so I am quite stressed they will not give me an offer, what do you guys think? if st Andrews don't give me an offer I will probably reapply next year.

I know it's a year later, but did you hear from St.Andrews in the end? My friend has an Irish passport but has lived all his life in England. SA have emailed him looking for his passport to determine fee status. He is very keen as it's his no.1 choice. Do you think he will be considered international?
I hope things worked out for the best for you in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending