The Student Room Group

A-level biology, chemistry and psychology

Hello, I'm a current year 12 student who studies aqa biology and psychology and ocr a chemistry. At the moment i feel a bit stuck although i like my subjects i'm finding it hard to adapt to a-levels and finding any studying/revision techniques. What would you suggest i do?
The only way you can improve is if you consistently work and challenge yourself. Get comfortable with the feeling of discomfort. By which I mean, do past paper questions in the topics you struggle the most in, check your answers, try your best to figure out where you went wrong. If you are not able to figure it out, attend your school's allocated revision/support session for that subject or approach your teacher about it. Another thing you can do is work collaboratively with other students and see their perspective on how they go about answering/solving problems - I find this particularly useful, because they have the same amount of knowledge as you do.
for psychology make good, condensed notes and do lots of practice questions for exam papers and the textbook.
flashcards for key studies, concepts and processes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Physicsandmathstutor is a great website, and i dont do psychology but do bio and chem so all i can say is do exam questions! You should spend 2/5 of your time memorising the content, and the rest doing exam questions.

Quick Reply

Latest