The Student Room Group

Regret staying at home

I hate staying at home. I wish I moved away. It looks so much better. I’m not sure if I should drop out and apply for uni’s further away or just continue living at home
Original post by Anonymous
I hate staying at home. I wish I moved away. It looks so much better. I’m not sure if I should drop out and apply for uni’s further away or just continue living at home

It’s not too late to move into halls at your current uni, people will have dropped out and there should be spaces available in uni halls and if not there should definitely still be space in private halls, you should look into that before dropping out :smile:

why did you decide to stay at home for uni? did you think you were better than people who pay thousands a year to live in halls?
Reply 3

haha im the EXACT opposite. i wished i stayed at home, i hate living at uni. grass is always greener on the other side isnt it :P
Reply 4
Original post by StrangeSupernova
It’s not too late to move into halls at your current uni, people will have dropped out and there should be spaces available in uni halls and if not there should definitely still be space in private halls, you should look into that before dropping out :smile:

There’s no point in doing that because my uni is literally a 25-30 minute walk from my house
Reply 5
Original post by A Rolling Stone
why did you decide to stay at home for uni? did you think you were better than people who pay thousands a year to live in halls?

No...I stayed at home because the uni I was going to is close to home.
Save up as much of your maintenance loan as you can, then look for a room in a shared house and move out when you are ready.
Good luck! :smile:
I moved to a whole ass new country and I miss my home sooo much. If I were you I'd enjoy the time you have with your parents in your home, it isn't going to last long ❤️
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending