The Student Room Group

Is this suitable for me - Media studies A-Level

So im in year 11, trying to work out what i should pick for my A-levels. I have decided i want to choose chemistry and biology. I would like to go into optometry, but i dont know what to pick for my third option. I wanted to do computor science but firstly its in the same option block as biology and secondly the head of 6th form has advised me to not to pick it, along with 2 sciences. I am struggling to choose that third option, i read through the option block sheet again and have realised that i dont want to do any of them. However media studies has caught my eye and ive wondered what it is, how hard it is and if its the right option for me. If you know anything about it please reply, i need help. The only other option is psychology but its in the same option block as chemistry.
Original post by AmanX03
So im in year 11, trying to work out what i should pick for my A-levels. I have decided i want to choose chemistry and biology. I would like to go into optometry, but i dont know what to pick for my third option. I wanted to do computor science but firstly its in the same option block as biology and secondly the head of 6th form has advised me to not to pick it, along with 2 sciences. I am struggling to choose that third option, i read through the option block sheet again and have realised that i dont want to do any of them. However media studies has caught my eye and ive wondered what it is, how hard it is and if its the right option for me. If you know anything about it please reply, i need help. The only other option is psychology but its in the same option block as chemistry.

Just do the one least effort and highest grade. Look up the spec.
10% A
33% B
35%C
Reply 2
I did Media and liked it, did well in it. It doesn't really fit with chemistry like other subjects but who says all your subjects have to link up? From my experience people who do media also seem to either do English/sociology subjects or photography/graphics subjects. That being said if you're going to do 3 subjects and 2 of them are quite scientific it might be good to have something different if you get what I mean. if it looks like something you'd be interested in, go for it!

sorry, I just re read your question, so you can't do psychology or biology if you do chemistry?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending